Small to medium-sized law firm based in Tysons Corner, Virginia, (Approx. 25 employees) is looking for a Paralegal to join our team of legal professionals to support our attorneys with various matters. This is a fun, exciting place to work with great employees. Ideally, we would like to find someone that wants to get invested and will be with us for a long time.
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Paralegal certification preferred.
- Minimum of three (3) years of recent paralegal experience required.
- Civil litigation experience required, experience in corporate law preferred. Familiarity with local state and federal courts and their procedures. Experience with administrative agencies highly preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of legal research databases such as LexisNexis or Westlaw (Preferred).
- Familiarity with Bluebook® with ability to accurately perform cite checks.
- Assisting attorneys with preparing legal documents, including pleadings, briefs, motions, subpoenas, and discovery-related materials.
- Ensure that filings are in compliance with court rules and procedures, particularly in Virginia state court, Washington D.C. Superior Court, and federal courts.
- Assist attorneys with trial preparation to include in-courtroom assistance, witness preparation, exhibit review and gathering, document review, document organization, bates stamping, and legal research.
- Accurately and completely record billable time spent and tasks performed in accordance with firm policy.
- Strong organizational skills
- Exceptional attention to detail to all levels of work.
- Advanced proficiency Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize work, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work under pressure and complete job assignments in an accurate and timely manner.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build effective internal and external client relationships.
- Ability to work and interact professionally and effectively with all levels of management and staff and a variety of external entities including clients and prospective clients of the Firm.
- Working knowledge of internal databases including time and attendance tracking applications
- Typing speed of 60 wpm with high level of accuracy.
- Flexibility regarding work schedule and availability to work overtime required.
- Excellent teamwork skills and commitment to delivering client service by assisting co-workers
Tysons Corner based law firm. With 20+ employees.
Location: Tysons Corner,
Apply for this job now.