Compliance officer / Solicitor - Part Time
Salary dependant on experience.
My client who is a well-respected and established law firm based in Leeds, they do not think of themselves as a typical law firm and they do not want to be. They believe they do things differently and so do their clients. They are seeking a Compliance Solicitor/Officer to join their central Leeds office, ideally 2 or 3 days per week.
You would be Responsible for all aspects of compliance including but not limited to;
- Lexcel Accreditation;
- Implementation of all new legislation, regulation, and guidance;
- Drafting policies, procedures and plans as required;
- Advising Website Manager on compliant website content;
- Guiding Senior Management on all conduct and compliance issues;
- Responsibility for Data Protection, Anti-Money Laundering, NCA reporting;
- SRA and Law Society liaison;
- Advising on Accounts Rules;
- Risk Register;
- Training on compliance issues;
- Ensuring file audits and equality & diversity returns are implemented;
- Responding to complaints including correspondence with the Legal Ombudsman.
- Plus, all other aspects of compliance as required
You will be working within a similar role and will have experience in People management, you will be main point of contact for all Partners and Senior Manager as well as external clients/organisations so excellent communication and organisational skills are essential as well as keeping up to date with relevant legislation and Code of Conduct. You will also be comfortable with developing policies and procedures as well as providing training on these.
The role is available Part Time and there is potential for Homeworking on completion of 6 months successful employment.
If this is a role that sounds of interest to you, please send your CV across to Simon at Clayton Legal on the link provided or alternatively call Clayton Legal to enquire about other opportunities. Please ensure before applying you have the prerequisite experience outlined above.
Clayton Legal recruits for law firms and In House departments across the UK. Based in the North West, our pedigree and service levels give those looking to move in the legal market and law firms looking to recruit a refreshingly different recruitment experience. You will work with experienced professionals, dedicated to your success. Take a look at our web site #removed#-legal.co.uk for our latest blogs and legal news and to keep up to date with current vacancies
Role: Compliance / Data Protection office - Part Time
Job Type: Permanent, Full Time
Location: Leeds, Leeds
Apply for this job now.