An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Finance Director to join a flourishing, growing 3rd party logistics company, which will imminently undergo a financial event to aid faster growth. Reporting to the Managing Director, the successful candidate will ideally have experience of working in a multi-user 3PL, B2B e-Comm business and have M&A, Integration and Private Equity exposure. Initially the role will be focussed on a full strategic review and the long-term focus of the CFO will be working in conjunction with the MD to drive the business forward.
Key duties will encompass:
- Conducting a full strategic review of the finance department to increase efficiency and of the organisation as a whole to create a clear roadmap for growth in conjunction with the Managing Director
- Leading and developing a robust finance and back office team and working collaboratively with all operational areas
- Provide strategic direction to both the business and finance function including contributing to growth strategies both organic and acquisitive
- Develop and drive refreshed business planning processes and challenge inefficiencies across the business
- Review and manage efficient accounting methods for the Group including appropriate internal controls, providing financial expertise to other departments as required and ensuring all relevant audit requirements are met
- Advise the Managing Director and Board of Directors on all financial matters, including business critical decisions, risk management, business opportunities and key client contracts
- Lead the preparation, reporting and monitoring of budgets and financial forecasts and provide narratives and financial explanation
- Ownership of budgeting, forecasting and cash flow analysis. Strong commercial acumen, margin analysis, KPI's and SLA's.
- Confident relationship builder, happy presenting internally & externally, likes autonomy and accountability.
- Provide commercial support to operational managers and other major stakeholders. Negotiation and supplier management skills required.
- Supporting and challenging budget owners to meet targets and deliver budgets
- Attend management and board meetings and present meaningful financial analysis and guidance / assistance where relevant to senior management
- Close contact with financial institutions and working for PE and fund-raising experience is highly desirable.
- Qualified Accountant ACA / ACCA / CIMA, ideally with at least 10 years' post qualified experience, with previous experience as a stand-alone CFO/FD within a PE backed SME environment essential
- Must be prepared to travel when necessary.
- Fund-raising, M&A and integration experience highly desirable
- A goal orientated, motivated finance professional with a passion for people management with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Professional, assured, enthusiastic and flexibility are key.
- Quick to grasp the commercial realities of the business and express it financially
- Works well under pressure in fast paced environment and can deal with rapidly changing situations
- Strong technical, problem solving and analytical skills
- Freight or logistics experience is desirable, but not essential
- Extremely hands-on approach with an ability and keenness to get into the detail
The successful candidate will be a very hands-on, dedicated and hardworking individual, with excellent communication and leadership skills, able to mix well at all levels of the business. This is a great opportunity to make a significant, long term impact and partner with a passionate MD to continue to grow a well-respected and established business to realise its full potential and will provide room for significant personal and professional growth for the right candidate.