At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world. Job Overview
This role is designed to work in collaboration with development engineering and program management to ensure that standard gate process is implemented, delivering an agreed optimum product introduction to volume manufacturing. Clearly outlining the NPI process for pre and post volume manufacturing handover.
What your background should look like:
- Develop and implement Rules of engagement and transfer metrics to be included in an operations NPI gate process.
- Work with the PMO to understand the product roadmap flowing into the plant, work with operations in advance of transfer and drive readiness.
- Be the operations single point of contact for development engineering & PMO.
- Understand the project resource needs and work with operations to allocate the required operations functional skills into the project teams.
- Represent operations in project review meetings and PAC meetings relevant to Galway.
- Drive the operations actions and activities required to execute the projects.
- Take key role in the insourcing / outsourcing strategy and implementation.
- Develop a product discontinuation strategy and manage the end of life cycle as appropriate.
- Ensure that a handshake on cost & Capability is agreed prior to each product transfer to volume production.
- Provide input into the design process in order to optimize efficiencies and effectiveness on transfer to volume manufacturing
- Take an active involvement with Short run manufacturing, ensuring processes are designed with volume manufacturing in mind
- Ensure that all transfers to volume manufacture have agreed budgeted metrics such as:
- Cycle time
- Material costs
- Measure and track performance to volume forecast and revenue forecast.
- Manage NRE process , measure and track.
- Ensure that NPI is included in S&OP process and that capacity planning is built into pre and post transfer plans.
- 5+ Years of Manufacturing Experience at a Managerial Level.
- 5+ Year of Production Management Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or a Master's Degree in Business Management
- Familiar with and experienced in the New Product Introduction Gate Process.
- Strong problem solver with LBP/Six Sigma accreditation
- Strength in people management, teamwork and collaborating amongst teams.
- Understanding of Design Engineering
- Strong change management and communication skills.
Managing and Measuring Work
Building Effective Teams
Values: Integrity, Accountability,Teamwork, Innovation
SET : Strategy, Execution, Talent (for managers) About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity Ltd., is a $14 billion global technology and manufacturing leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. For more than 75 years, our connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, have enabled advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With 80,000 employees, including more than 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at #removed#
and on LinkedIn
. What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
- Generous 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits start on day one
- Charity Donation Matching Program
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Healthcare for Associates and Families
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.