Divisional Reporting Accountant
Our client has a requirement for a Divisional Reporting Accountant, who will be required to work on a Permanent basis in Uxbridge.
- Proactively identify gaps in processes or opportunities for improvement. Work with multiple stakeholders to agree and implement an improvement plan.
- Document and Streamline processes so they are optimised and support automation where possible, to enable increased focus on value added activities.
- Create and maintain a rolling plan for key activities to ensure roles, responsibilities and deadlines are agreed, documented and progress is communicated.
- Prepare month-end Finance reporting Pack, Monthly Management report and other analysis assigned to the role.
- Coordination of the Month end and Quarter end timetables and Schedules.
- Insurance Accounting - including proactive communication with other Finance teams.
- Responsible for ensuring Other Income Statement line items are recorded and analysed including Other Income, Other Expense and FX.
- Address local and corporate management queries to ensure a thorough understanding of the results is achieved.
- Coordinate non-recurring, unadjusted differences and uncertainty reporting.
- Reporting structures including Profit Centre and Cost Centre Hierarchies.
- GL Account and Group Account structures.
- Pre and post cons validations and issue resolution and act as key focal point for the Consolidations team.
- Income Statement and Balance Sheet - SAP & BI Reporting.
- Key Focal Point and Coordinator for the Development Asset Impairment review; proactively work with multiple stakeholders to plan and prepare Impairment reviews.
- Work with the Asset managers to review the indicators and prepare related calculations, memos and supporting documentation.
- Coordination of the Group and Legal Entity Audits for the UK upstream companies.
- Budgeting & Outlook of Insurance working with key stakeholders.
- Plan, Coordination of periodic Full year Outlook analysis, meetings and actions.
- Summarise Outlook changes for communication to Management.
- Coordinate the Budget SAP load and validation process and facilitate items not managed by other teams.
- Consolidated Divisional Budget Reporting and Validations.
- Preparation of Legal Entity Board packs for the upstream Companies.
- Overall Coordination and Stewardship of all Balance Sheet accounts to ensure proactive management, effective controls, standardisation and issue resolution.
- Prepare account reconciliations and analysis assigned to the role to ensure accuracy and proactively bring any irregularities to resolution.
- Coordinate Quarterly review of the Account Analysis Binder and proactively work with other Finance team members to ensure actions are documented and closed.
Essential Skills / Knowledge / Experience
- Able to demonstrate initiative and naturally inquisitive.
- A quick learner with a structured approach to problem solving.
- A strong attention quality and self-review.
- Flexibility in their working style to adapt to changing environments and priorities.
- Plan and Coordinate activities across teams to tight deadlines.
- A highly effective communicator who will be able to adapt their style to different audiences at all levels in the organisation including being able to summarise, communicate and explain at a high level.
- SAP and BI experience.
- Qualified Accountant with a groundin