Job Title: IT Director Req ID: BR Location(s): Harlow
Raytheon UK is a Prime defence systems and software solutions provider, and we're recruiting a key role which will form part of our Senior Leadership team. Responsibilities
The IT Director for Raytheon UK is accountable for providing direction and leadership for the use of information technology across all UK business groups and functions.
Responsible for defining the investments to be made to the business, engineering systems and technology infrastructure to support the current and future business requirements and strategy. You will review and approve enterprise programs & project plans, and function as a change agent in leading business systems and infrastructure opportunities for the business.
You will lead the Raytheon UK IT strategy development, the technology planning process, project management, IT governance, information assurance and IT security, digital asset management and strategic IT vendor alliances.
In addition, you will be responsible for providing direction and support to Raytheon businesses for contract acquisition, product development and delivery of programmes.
Assisting in the development of common Raytheon IT architectures and services, align IT strategy with and leverage Raytheon Technologies strategies and services. Responsible for introducing and standardising "best practices" in data and technology across Raytheon UK Experience
Strong management experience in which the following occurred:
- demonstrated competency for strategic thinking and leadership with strong abilities in relationship management;
- successfully developed and implemented applications in new computing architecture environments using new and emerging technologies;
- established a track record of managing technical staff through various life-cycle phases (cross-functional experience highly desirable);
- demonstrated leadership of multidiscipline, high-performance teams;
- managed financial resources to meet goals and multiple project schedules;
- demonstrated high competency in project management and the execution and implementation of multiple and / or large, complex projects. Project management: experience in organising, planning and executing large-scale projects from vision through implementation; including leading cross functional teams involving internal personnel, contractors, and vendors, analysing project needs and resources required to meet objectives;
- demonstrated competency in relating efficient and effective solutions to diverse and complex business problems;
- knowledge of multiple computing delivery systems, including implementation life-cycle experience;
- contract and negotiation skills;
- Proven ability with development, implementation and maintenance of large-scale integrated IT systems across multiple hardware and software platforms: significant experience and knowledge in new computing architectures and implementation of networked computing infrastructures.
- Proven ability to work as an individual, and as a member of a team and ability to manage large teams within tight deadlines
- Proven strategic planning and execution experience
- IT operational / service delivery experience (ITIL)
- Effective communication skills including public speaking and ability to explain and discuss technical information in a non-technical, persuasive fashion
Experience within UK defence industry or similar environment About Raytheon UK
With facilities in Broughton, Waddington, Glenrothes, Harlow, Gloucester, Manchester with presence across other customer sites also. Raytheon UK is invested in the British workforce and the development of UK technology. Across the country Raytheon UK employs 1,700 people and supports 8,000 jobs. As a prime contractor and major supplier to the U.K. Ministry of Defence, Raytheon continues to invest in research and development, supporting innovation and technological advances
across its core mission areas - Airborne ISR, Weapons & Sensors, and Cyber & Intelligence.
Raytheon UK is a landed company, part of the Raytheon Technologies organisation and sits within the Raytheon Intelligence & Space business About Raytheon Technologies
Raytheon Technologies Corporation is an aerospace and defence company that provides advanced systems and services for commercial, military and government customers worldwide. It comprises four industry-leading businesses - Collins Aerospace Systems, Pratt & Whitney, Raytheon Intelligence & Space and Raytheon Missiles & Defence. Its 195,000 employees enable the company to operate at the edge of known science as they imagine and deliver solutions that push the boundaries in quantum physics, electric propulsion, directed energy, hypersonics, avionics and cyber security. The company, formed in 2020 through the combination of Raytheon Company and the United Technologies Corporation aerospace businesses, is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Standard Benefits:
- 25 days holiday + statutory public holidays
- Contributory Pension Scheme (up to 10.5% company contribution)
- 6 times salary 'Life Assurance'
- Flexible Benefits scheme with extensive salary sacrifice scheme's.
- Enhanced sick pay scheme
- Enhanced Family Friendly Policies, including enhanced Maternity & Shared Parental leave.
- 37hr working week, with an early finish Friday (hours may vary depending on role, job requirement or site specifics arrangements).
- Executive Grade benefits as appropriate
Diversity is a core business imperative at Raytheon. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes inclusiveness and always employs the best professionals for the job. Having a diverse workforce allows Raytheon to draw upon a range of different ideas and experiences which supports growing our business and creates an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity for success. Raytheon UK pro-actively encourages diversity of ideas, thoughts, and networking opportunities and has created Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) including Raytheon Women's Network, RayBAME, YesNet (Young Employees Success Network), Raytheon Reservist Network (RaRe), Raytheon Alliance for Diverse Abilities (RADA), RayPride and all work together with our Diversity & Inclusion council, and all Raytheon employees are welcome to participate regardless of their background.
As a proud contributor to the HM Armed Forces, Raytheon UK signed the HM Armed Forces covenant in 2014. Due to the varied activities and support to our Armed Forces & Reservists,
Raytheon UK has since been awarded the prestigious Covenant 'Gold Award' Employee Recognition.
Raytheon UK recognise that our people are the critical factor in our success, and we strive to provide a challenging and rewarding careers.
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Role: We’re building a sustainable future.
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Location: Harlow, England, England
Apply for this job now.