The Irene Wortham Center is in search of dedicated and motivated Teacher Assistants to provide classroom support in our 5 Star Developmental Day Center
Assists Lead Teacher with planned activities, implementation of IEP/IFSP programs, and documentation student progress. Provides direct care, administers medications, and implements daily activities as outlined in teacher plans.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Implement program plans according to prescribed methods, and document students' progress accurately.
- Attend in-service training as mandated and apply acquired knowledge in the day-to-day performance
- Communicate and collaborate with Lead Teacher to address developmental needs of student
- Provide basic first aid.
- Converse with students, using proper voice tone, tolerance and patience.
- Have knowledge of individual’s rights and ensure that rights are respected.
- Respect privacy and confidentiality of each student.
- Attend staff meetings and contribute to problem identification and solution.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of NC Division of Child Development rules and regulations.
- Provide daily direct care of students: changing diapers, cleaning, feeding or assist with feeding.*
- High school or equivalent
- Must have EDU 119 ( Childcare Credential) or attain within a year of employment
- Prefer previous employment experience working with children
- Must possess current Qualifying letter
- Energetic upbeat personality preferred
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple responsibilities at once
- Ability to resolve conflict between children
- Effective and calm communication and people skills
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check and drug screen
*** Low classroom student to staff ratio
Comprehensive benefits package includes: health insurance, dental, retirement savings plan, Paid Time Off (PTO), paid holidays, discounted gym membership
For 53 years and counting, Irene Wortham Center has helped children and adults with developmental and/or socio-economic challenges lead healthy, happy and independent lives. We believe in the value and promise of every person and strive to empower individuals to reach their full potential from birth to end of life.
Role: Teacher Assistant
Apply for this job now.