Gas Utility Service Technicians are responsible for maintenance and tasks associated with gas systems, such as collecting GPS coordinates on gas utilities and equipment, configuring GPS units for compliance, collection of gas assets, reporting abnormal operating conditions, and distributing work notification flyers, as required. This includes taking time to thoroughly search for underground utilities in an area, sync GPS coordinates with required satellites, and ensuring all GPS data is downloaded and required paperwork is completed.
This position requires you to work outdoors in all types of weather conditions and use a company provided laptop to document and close all tickets. Our 48 hour turnaround time on all locates means we generally work the day after holidays and some weekends, as needed.
We are currently hiring throughout Brockton, MA. The starting pay for this position is $14.00 per hour.
These are daytime, full-time positions and some overtime may be required. Instructor led training will be provided. No locating experience is necessary.
- 100% paid training
- Company laptop, phone and equipment
- Advancement opportunities - we promote from within the company
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Paid holidays
- 401(k) with company match
- Must be able to work outdoors in all types of weather conditions; outdoor experience preferred
- Must be able to work in a confined space; walk, bend, and lift up to 75 pounds
- Must be computer proficient
- Must be available to work overtime and some weekends (as needed)
- HS Diploma or GED required
- Must pass a drug screen
- Valid driver’s license and safe driving record required
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Role: Gas Utility Service Technician
Apply for this job now.