We are looking for an experienced Litigator with Construction experience for a 12 month contracting starting in May/June 2020.
If your current situation allows we would be interested in speaking with you.
The role is Bristol based and you would be working within the framework of a global Insurance entity.
We are looking for a Commercial Litigation/Construction Lawyer (a Solicitor/FILEX ) to join the Complex Litigation team.
From the outset you can expect to handle a varied caseload of complex litigation matters in a team that encourages early responsibility, whilst ensuring appropriate supervision, mentoring and training.
The main tasks will include:
- Taking control of a range of construction disputes, together with some general commercial litigation (depending on experience);
- assessing prospects of success quickly and accurately in new cases that might be factually dense and/or legally complex;
- providing confident and clear advice to a diverse range of clients (including individuals, SMEs and large companies);
- drafting and preparing all necessary pleadings (with Counsel’s assistance where appropriate) and litigating cases, where necessary, through to trial or an Adjudicator’s decision;
- resolving claims via a range of ADR methods including mediation and negotiation;
We are looking for applicants with an expertise in contentious construction work and who:
- Have experience of working within the litigation sphere and have developed an expertise in contentious construction work or have specialised in construction generally (both contentious and non-contentious).
- Are familiar with standard form JCT/NEC contracts and have experience of advising on a range of construction issues including extensions of time, payment provisions, defective design and workmanship, termination provisions, loss and expense and liquidated damages.
- Ideally have experience of arbitration, adjudication, mediation and litigation within the construction industry.