Are you passionate about building software products from the ground up? Do you have a desire for finding ways to incorporate the latest technologies into engineering and operations, increasing automation and efficiency? Are you perpetually curious and do you like solving new problems while creating partnerships with other engineering teams? LMF Engineering Team is driven to deliver superior products to our customers, continually and flawlessly.
We're revolutionizing travel through the power of technology, and the team is at the heart of that mission. We provide a premier platform of ecommerce technologies and services operating at global scale to support our rapidly growing family of brands.
Together, we enable each of our customer transactions to flow seamlessly from the click of the 'book' button on one of our brand sites all the way through to a magnificent travel experience. By bringing together product, technology and operations, we accelerate innovation, enable test and learn, and constantly push ourselves to evolve and innovate for the business.
We are a team with worldwide presence that maintains multiple full International service stack environments, providing 24x7 support for the organization by maximizing service availability, minimizing downtime, communicating status to the company and providing innovative ways to increase velocity and decrease time to market. We do this through delivery of logging and customer experience & application monitoring platforms that enable our developers to deploy robust applications for our customers at scale.
Summary of essential job functions:
• Design and implement a Logging as a service platform and API to scale and automate log transformation, aggregation, retention and archiving.
• Design and implement Customer Experience tools to scale and automate customer experience monitoring.
• Develop instrumentation libraries, agents, plugins and automation for application performance monitoring
• Perform high level framework and system performance analysis and tuning optimizations
• Function as technical, engineering and operational guide for complex frameworks and systems
• Identifies potential areas where existing capabilities and processes require change and where new ones need to be developed.
• Takes the initiative to provide solutions that meet current and future business demands
• Execute proofs of concept using cutting edge technology with the intention of productizing
• Create functional and operational system requirements and specifications
• Mentor junior members of the engineering team
• Leading engineering team to make strategic bets and understand the risk/reward associated
• Take ownership of high stress scenarios by remaining calm, employing critical thinking and data driven decision-making practices in order to lead the team to successful outcomes
• Full stack developer with familiarity with MEAN stack or any other similar tools for full stack development
• 5+ years creating and supporting Web Services in a high transactional environment
• 5+ years working in the Cloud computing arena and have professional exposure to the Amazon Web Services (AWS) offerings.
• 5+ years of experience with Chef or Ansible
• Familiarity with any log management tool such as Splunk or ELK
• Familiarity with any Session replay tool such as Glassbox or Fullstory
• Familiarity with any APM tool such as New Relic, DataDog, Dynatrace
• Experience with Nginx, Tomcat or apache web servers
• Knowledge of XML, JSON, REST, SOAP implementation in pertaining to web technologies.
• Experience working independently, as well as in a team environment, proactively driving initiatives and work tasks, working with product to meeting agreed delivery time lines.
• Design, develop, debug, and modify components of software applications and tools.
• Drive technical implementation at the application/product level for small to mid-sized projects.
• Familiarity with CICD tools Jenkins, Github or Stash
• 2+ years in mentoring developers and helping drive engineering maturity
• In depth knowledge of designing and developing software in distributed architectures for multi-tier applications
• Strong understanding of Object Oriented Programming concepts, data structure, algorithms, and system level programming (including multi-threaded programming)
• Some experience in Network Design, Load Balancing technologies is desirable
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Computing related discipline - Master's in CS preferred
WAVSYS provides the IT and Telecommunications industry with contract, permanent and turnkey staffing solutions by leveraging its international network of 11 offices covering USA, Canada, and the UK.
Role: Senior Java Software Developer
Apply for this job now.