Contract: Part time, Permanent
Hours: 38.75 hours per week (Mon - Fri 6.45am - 3.00pm) term time plus one week
Salary: NJC18 (£21,709.91 actual, £24,313.00 FTE)
Site: Queen Katharine Academy
Closing date: 5 October 2020
Queen Katharine Academy are looking to appoint a Cover Supervisor to supervise KS3 and KS4 classes across the curriculum during the absence of their usual class teacher.
The successful candidate will contribute to raising standards of achievement for all pupils by delivering learning activities to classes, administering clear instructions, and adjusting activities based on the students' needs and responses as required.
The successful candidate will:
- Have experience of supervising and working with young people in an educational setting
- Have an excellent knowledge and understanding of current educational challenges and opportunities
- Be adaptable and able to respond effectively to a diverse range of situations and needs
- Have the ability to communicate appropriately and clearly at all levels within the Academy, including staff, students, parents, visitors and external organisations
This is an excellent opportunity to join a school within one of the well-regarded Trusts in the eastern region. The school has a great history of success and a bright and exciting future and they are looking for an ambitious and dynamic person to steer it through the next stage of its development.
Collaboration, educational research and professional development are at the core of how the schools within Thomas Deacon Education Trust work together. With a clear focus on teaching at all levels, the Trust is well placed to provide great opportunities to promote Thomas Deacon Academy as a leading school and you will be given effective support to develop you personally as an outstanding member of the team.
The Trust offers:
- Excellent salary package.
- Fantastic training/CPD opportunities in a friendly supportive environment.
- Opportunity for progression across Thomas Deacon Education Trust.
- Use of Academy facilities (including a gym and onsite car parking).
- Local Government Pension Scheme.
- An engaging, creative and welcoming environment to learners who take pride in their school.
- An inclusive and collaborative approach.
- A talented, highly motivated, committed and professional team of colleagues, both within the school and across the trust.
- An actively supportive Local Governing Body and Trust leadership.
If you feel you are a suitable candidate and would like to work for this reputable Multi Academy Trust, then please apply through the following link (A full job specification can also be found): https://tdeteducation.careers.eteach.com/
The Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The Academy will require the successful candidate to provide satisfactory references and undertake an Enhanced Check with the Disclosure and Barring Service.