Are you ready for that change?
Are YOU determined to be a high-income earner, personal and financial fulfillment can be earned selling the truth for a company known for its integrity and merchant advocacy. Do YOU have an entrepreneurial spirit and movitvation to LEAD. Heartland employs nearly 3,000 dedicated employees throughout the country and provides payments technology services to more than 250,000 merchants nationwide.
Exceptional people find an Exceptional home here at Heartland.
We are seeking honest, competitive and ethical Outside Sales Leaders to build a Winning Territory thru providing our solutions to local business owners.
As a Territory-Relationship Manager with Heartland, you will work closely with your local Division Manager to set appointments with business owners using phone prospecting, face-to-face prospecting, networking, and referral partner relationships. You will then run scheduled appointments, uncover needs and present Heartland solutions to close sales in our target verticals (restaurants, retail, medical, lodging, auto repair, salons, etc.). During the training / ramp up period, your local manager will accompany you on your initial appointments to demonstrate our short-cycle sales process using atlas, our groundbreaking iPad CRM platform for lead generation, sales presentations, on the spot client financial analyses and paperless contract processing. You will then have the freedom to set your own work schedule and work primarily from a home office as you enjoy the best compensation and benefits plan in the payments processing industry.
Responsibilities of the Relationship/Territory Manager include:
- Prospecting for and running dynamic sales presentations that highlight the benefits of working with Heartland
- Explaining our value proposition to clients via atlas CRM on your iPad
- Closing sales of our payment processing services (Card Processing, Payroll / HR Outsourscing, Loyalty Marketing)
- Educating merchants and business owners on the payment processing industry
- Upselling current clients on our gift marketing, payroll and other products and services
- Building and leading a team of sales professionals
- Maintaining regular communication with your Division Manager
This is a W2, full benefits position working primarily from a home office with a majority of time spent in the field.
Compensation includes weekly up-front signing bonus commissions paid each Friday, monthly residual income that pays starting the first month, and portfolio equity once vested. Once our Relationship/Territory Managers hit a designated sales production requirement they are what we call "vested" and now "own" the monthly residual. This means the sales manager is paid the monthly residuals as long as their clients are processing with Heartland, whether or not the sales manager is still employed with Heartland. In addition, they have the option to cash out some or all of their monthly residual for 30 times its value as a portfolio buyout (i.e. $1,000 in monthly residuals can be sold back to the company for a $30,000 buyout).
Selling Power magazine named us the #1 service company to sell for over three consecutive years, thanks to our compensation, comprehensive 90 day ramp-up period, ongoing training with the Sales Technology Team, guidance from a designated Sales Mentor and support from our local management team.
Top 50 Most Innovative Companies in the World
We offer career advancement opportunities that lead to long-term success and growth within our company and tend to promote hard workers quickly. Best of all, you have the freedom to decide when and where you work! Additional benefits include:
- Semi Annual Incentive Trips for top performers
- Stock options and prizes available for Top Performers
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Voluntary life and AD&D insurance
- Employee Referral Program
- Healthcare savings account
- Flexible spending, limited purpose spending and dependent care accounts
- Tuition reimbursement
- Voluntary accident, hospital and serious illness insurance
- 24/7 technical and customer support
- Exclusive endorsements for card, payroll, and loyalty processing from over 250 local and national associations such as the NRA (National Restaurant Association), Restaurant Association of Maryland, Independent Pharmacy Alliance and American Hotel and Lodging Association.
Qualified candidates must possess excellent prospecting, communication, presentation and networking skills and be able to work well independently and as part of a team. Our ideal Outside Sales Professional is an incentive-driven sales “hunter” with a professional demeanor, impeccable integrity, a high sense of urgency and innate sales talent and aptitude. You must also enjoy cold-calling and speaking with people face to face and be eager to develop your consultative sales skills.
- Hunter type sales mentality / Excellent Prospector
- Experience dealing directly with small to mid-sized, local business owners and decision makers
- Experience closing in a fast sales cycle: 5 - 10 sales per month
- Experience in solution-based sales
- Experience in a performance based compensation model
- Membership in a business or merchant association or a networking group a plus
If you want to be rewarded fairly for your efforts and create wealth with unlimited potential, we want to hear from you. Contact us today!
Heartland Payment Systems, Inc. (NYSE: HPY), one of the largest payment processors in the United States, delivers credit/debit/prepaid card processing and security technology through Heartland SecureTM and its comprehensive breach warranty. Heartland also offers point of sale, mobile commerce, e-Commerce, marketing solutions, payroll solutions, and related business solutions and services to more than 300,000 business and educational locations nationwide.A FORTUNE 1000 company, Heartland is the founding supporter of the Merchant Bill of Rights, a public advocacy initiative that educates merchants about fair credit and debit card processing practices. Heartland also established the Sales Professional Bill of Rights to advocate for the rights of sales professionals everywhere.
Role: Account Executive
Apply for this job now.