TITLE: DIRECT TRAINING STAFF (DTS), ICF-DD/H & N
STATUS: AT WILL, NON-EXEMPT, PART-TIME, FULL-TIME, ON-CALL POSITIONS FOR AM, PM and NOC
Full-time employees working 30 hours a week will be offered medical benefits.
STATEMENT OF THE JOB:
Under general supervision of the Facility Manager and the QIDP/Administrator, Direct Training Staff (DTS) are responsible for the care and supervision of people with intellectual disabilities living in Peppermint Ridge homes in accordance with mandates of public law, state regulations and within agency operating plans.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the supervision of the Facility Manager and QIDP/A:
1) Implements and documents training programs described in the Individual Service Plan (ISP's). Assists in maintaining a program of instruction in living skills integrated into the daily living routine, including:
a. Self-help and daily life skills
b. Independent living skills
c. Communication skills
d. Social/behavioral skills, carries out all behavior plans and procedures
e. Community integration skills
2) Regularly reviews the training emphasis as set up in the ISP’s for each resident. Assist and direct clients with prompt levels (total assist, hand-over-hand, physical prompt, verbal prompt, verbal gesture cue and independent). Record data daily on monthly data sheets.
3) Has responsibility for supervision of assigned residents and knowledge of their whereabouts at all times through monitoring as determined by their ISP.
4) Assists in meeting resident's health and personal hygiene needs:
a. Checks health and personal hygiene daily; documents and reports any problems to the Facility Manager, QIDP/A and RN.
b. Provides personal care daily (dressing, bathing, assistance with toileting and eating needs). Dressing of non-mobile clients requires two staff.
c. May pass and verify medications and treatments as assigned on work schedules.
d. When required; accompanies residents for professional medical/dental appointments and hair care.
e. Provides clients with their adaptive equipment in the facility and community outings (walker, wheelchair, gait belt, AFO’s supports).
f. Hoyer lifts are used during all client transfers for non-mobile clients (from bed, toilet commode, wheelchair, shower chair, chairs, etc.) or a two-person lift.
5) Prepares and serves breakfast, lunch or dinner, appropriate to the shift being worked. Follows prescribed menu, diet textures (chopped, ground, puree, etc.) and adaptive equipment (plate guard, non-skid mat, etc). When prescribed, allows residents to assist in food preparation and clean-up.
6) Works to maintain high standards of cleanliness throughout the home by completing laundry, sweeping, mopping, kitchen clean-up, vacuuming, taking out the trash and organizing client dressers/closets. Ridge vehicle cleanliness inside and out.
7) Assists in planning, coordinating and supervising leisure time activities of residents (daily programming and active treatment). Participate in community events and Angel Hall weekly activities.
8) Assists with parents, caseworkers and day program contacts as required by the Facility Manager.
9) Protects residents from possible abuse, neglect, etc. and intervenes as needed. Provides residents with first aid.
10) Reports Staff Reports and Special Incident Reports of abuse (physical, verbal, financial, neglect) immediately to FM, QIDP/A and RN. Then completes proper paperwork.
11) Attends monthly in-service training and staff meetings as assigned by the Facility Manager and within in-service training requirements. Reviews yearly PR Abuse Policy and DOJ Abuse video.
12) Must maintain current yearly physical and TB clearance.
13) May be required to have a valid California Driver's License and operate company owned vehicles to transport clients to medical appointments and community outings.
14) Reports employee on the job injuries/accidents, no matter how slight to your Facility Manager and Human Resources immediately.
15) Report Safety and Maintenance issues in the workplace to your Facility Manager.
16) Performs other duties as assigned as needed.
Must be willing to complete and pass a personal background investigation conducted by the State of California and must meet California Community Care Licensing and Department of Health standards for employment according to Title 22 and 17.
Must possess basic knowledge of the English language written/verbal and computer operation.
Must be willing to complete and pass a health screening physical examination that includes a drug and alcohol screen, TB screen, 50 lb. lift test and lumbar x-ray. Client Care and housekeeping requires lifting, pulling, tugging, twisting and bending at the knees.
Must be capable of obtaining CPR Certification and First Aid Certification cards.
Must be capable of taking and obtaining Non-Violent Physical Crisis Intervention (CPI) card.
Must be willing to work with a culturally integrated workplace and be willing to respect human differences based upon race, age, handicap, religion, sexual orientation, political persuasion, place of origin, color, or any other condition that distinguishes people from one another.
Must be willing to work in other facilities and shifts as needed. Able to work extra hours, or stay on shift during emergencies.
Valid California driver's license and driving record that meets insurance and Motor Vehicle Operating Standards.
Previous experience working directly with people with intellectual disabilities.
ADDITIONAL REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS FOR ICF-DD/N:
150 hours of specialized training in the care of individuals with intellectual disabilities who live in an ICF/DD-N 50 hours theory 100 hours clinical DD/N attendant training, Medication administration part 1 and 2. Training to be provided by employer during employees first 6 months of employment.
Peppermint Ridge was founded in 1959 by Mary and Bod Jeffery. They wanted quality care for their developmentally disabled son and opened their personal home to other young boys with the same needs. By 1975, the original seventeen children moved to the present location in Corona, CA. Today, we serve adult men and women in our eleven homes over 60 years. Come join our team.
Role: Direct Training Staff
Apply for this job now.