Company: DARLING INGREDIENTS INC.
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
The Maintenance Worker position performs preventive and corrective maintenance in the plant under management supervision.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- Assists in the installation of new equipment.
- Assists personnel on special fabrication and construction projects.
- Follows preventative maintenance schedule.
- Performs machine repair and installation such as replacing motors, rebuilding gear boxes, run threaded piping, run weld piping, overhaul pumps, replace packing shaft seals on cookers and pumps, welds and uses cutting torch.
- Conducts daily greasing and oiling of plant equipment as needed.
- Diagnosis and replacement of equipment parts with little or no direction.
- Maintains clean, neat, and orderly work area at all times.
- Responsible for using assigned personal protective equipment and required safety equipment; responsible for being familiar with and observing all Company safety rules and regulations.
- Attends regularly scheduled safety meetings and may be asked to serve on Safety Committee.
- All other duties as assigned.
- 2 years of experience with rendering or similar equipment.
- Experience in welding and piping.
- Ability to replace motors, rebuild gear boxes and overhaul pumps.
- Able to diagnosis and repair problems with motors and other equipment.
- Knowledge of maintenance and equipment operations.
- Vocational school training preferred.
- Welding proficiency in MIG and Stick as well as vertical and overhead preferred.
- Ability to diagnose and repair control circuits and VFD installation.
- Experience in operating a forklift preferred.
- Frequently required to push, pull, move or lift up to 100 lbs.
- Frequently required to walk, stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crawl, and crouch.
- Regularly required reach with hands and arms.
- May be asked to travel to other plants for construction projects.
- May need to work nights and weekends; available "on call" as needed.
Job functions will be carried out in a rendering facility which requires tolerance for wet and or slippery floors and high heat or cold temperatures.
Darling Ingredients Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration to qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or, protected veteran status. EEO is the Law: If you would like more information, please click on the link or paste into your browser: #removed#/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdfJob Posted by ApplicantPro