Company: MAGNUM MAGNETICS CORPORATION
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Nature of Work:
This position performs general mechanical and electrical maintenance duties associated with the production and finishing of magnetic products. Incumbent is part of a maintenance team focused on maintaining a high level of equipment availability. This position works on industrial equipment including punch presses, extruders, mills, mixers, calenders and packaging equipment.
Examples of Work:
- Ensures that production equipment such as punch presses, extruders, mills, mixers, calenders and packaging equipment are repaired correctly the first time.
- Follows through on assignments to ensure completion, including proper documentation.
- Ensures Smart Maintenance is fully utilized.
- Cleans tools and work area on a regular basis.
- Determines root cause of maintenance issues.
- Complies with safety, housekeeping, and performance goals.
- Complies with all regulatory requirements (OSHA, EPA, etc.).
- Participates in site Kaizen and TPM events.
- Performs other duties assigned by management.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Good technical maintenance skills, including troubleshooting of process and equipment.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Good listening skills.
- Attention to detail skills.
- Ability to accomplish multiple tasks.
- Ability to become a licensed forklift operator.
- Ability to communicate well with other employees, particularly regarding maintenance issues.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to follow all safety rules and regulations.
- Ability to write routine correspondence and complete production paperwork.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to use computer applications and systems, including ManagerPlus and M2M.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Ability to work extended hours as needed.
High School education or equivalent; technical degree preferred.
Three years or more experience in industrial maintenance with a strong emphasis on mechanical, electrical systems, VFDs and PLCs. HVAC or machinist experience a plus.