Our client, an American fashion retailer based in Columbus, Ohio, is looking to add a Copywriter to their team!
Write and edit highly creative copy for pre-season concepts and in-season execution that elevates brand messaging and voice projection. Ensure consistency between written and visual messages and consistency across floorsets and channels by partnering with cross-channel copy and art community. Keep brand voice elevated and consistent while also pushing to evolve with the business and customers. Work with designers to give the words a face, and create a complete and compelling concept.
- Understand and be able to articulate brand elevation goals and consistently drive toward fresh, young, innovative, informative and inspiring copy concepts and creative projection.
- Contribute to the concept development, design and execution of campaign creative and related marketing materials while working closely with members of the strategic, merchant, visual and digital teams.
- Translate merchant and strategic marketing initiatives into informative, concise and compelling copy solutions.
- Help lead the conception around product names and positioning for launch campaigns.
- Partner with art team on launch/seasonal campaigns and in-season promotional marketing.
- Execute projects from concept through print approval, which include: writing, rewrites, editing, delegating work, meeting with cross-functional partners, reviewing creative briefs, and providing job approvals
- Liaise with legal team re: product naming and language and making recommendations for next steps
- Edit/proofread copy through conception, presentation, execution and routing processes to ensure clarity, accuracy and consistency of style
- Present work as appropriate to VP Creative Marketing and team members
- Trend research - fashion, creative, strategic, popular culture
- Partner with Digital Copy to ensure consistency
- Workload delegation and work flow
- Recommendations for CRM & Strategic Marketing promotional messaging to achieve brand elevation; direct-to-customer messaging
- Recommendations regarding content/style/accuracy/hierarchy of messaging/image
- 3-5 years of copywriting and editing experience, with a focus on high-level conception for retail; experience with fashion/beauty/sport brands a plus.
- BA in Advertising, Creative Writing, Journalism or English
- Knowledge of AP style
- Highly creative writer with excellent writing skills and a strong portfolio dedicated to inspiring creative approaches
- Understands brand voice and can elevate and evolve copy
- Highly conceptual thinker; an idea person and a true problem-solver
- Highly organized, with the ability to manage multiple projects and readjust priorities in order to meet deadlines and evolving business needs
- Excellent proofreading skills and attention to detail, as well as a holistic vision
- Self-motivated, with ability to make independent decisions
- Proven ability to communicate with all levels across different functions
- Team player who can partner across teams and can accept different points of view and feedback
- Ability to respond to (and explain) feedback and synthesize information from multiple sources, translating it into creative solutions
- Actively participates and engages in meetings and dialogues
- Attuned to the fashion industry, aware of current trends in retail and popular culture
Russell Tobin, one of the nation’s leading professional recruitment and staffing advisory firms, offers a tailored approach to helping organizations connect with direct hire and contract employees across a variety of skill-sets and industries. Having a depth and breadth of industry expertise, our talent advisers and recruitment specialists are able to provide customized and swift solutions to fulfill client and candidate hiring needs. We work with each and every candidate to assess their respective goals and subsequently build a comprehensive and transparent road-map for achieving a successful placement. We take great pride in cultivating an open and honest relationship with our clients and candidates in an effort to create a long-term relationship.Our dedication to results, along with our reputation built on a consistent and successful track record of placing candidates, enables us to continuously provide best-in-class services. Russell Tobin is a division of Pride Global, a minority-owned integrated human capital solutions firm headquartered in New York with operating companies throughout the United States, Canada, India and Brazil. Pride Global companies focus on a diverse array of services including vendor management, payroll programs, business process optimization, and staffing for both direct hire and contingent labor. Follow Russell Tobin on Facebook: # Russell Tobin on Instagram: @russelltobin
Apply for this job now.