Teaching Personnel are currently recruiting graduates for this academic year (2020/2021) who are considering a career in secondary teaching in the future.
Our Graduate Teacher Internship allows you not only to secure employment as a teaching assistant following the completion of your degree, but it is a clear and concise pathway onto a school based initial teacher training programme. This programme allows you to gain the necessary experience required to be confident and successful when you do decide to begin your teacher training.
This programme involves working as a cover supervisor on a 12, 6 or 3 month basis within our client schools located across the Teesside area, prior to beginning a teacher training programme in September 2021 or in the future.
** Applicants must hold a degree or be in the process of completing your degree (final year) and be looking to pursue a career in education **
- Full time Graduate teaching assistant role for 12 or 6 months - Followed by introduction to a SCITT programme at a training school.
- Places available across the whole of the Teesside area including Middlesbrough, Hartlepool and Darlington.
- Opportunities for all graduates pursuing a career in Secondary Education
- Paid up to £1000 a month for the first 12 months whilst gaining essential and invaluable experience as a teaching assistant.
Responsibilities within the graduate cover supervisor role include providing;
- Cover Supervisor work where you will experience covering lessons and classroom management.
- One to one specific tuition/interventions where you will utilise your subject knowledge to raise pupil attainment of identified pupils.
- SEN support where you can work alongside pupils with Special Educational Needs.
- Assistance with planning and preparation of lessons alongside teachers to upskill you in this area.