We are seeking a proposal writer with demonstrated skill, expertise, and experience in responding to solicitations from NIH, FDA, CDC, CMS, DOD, VA, private foundations, and other bilateral donors. The proposal writer will work with the technical team to help review solicitations, determine the strategy for application, storyboard, and write the technical proposals. The writer will ensure responses are compliant with donor requirements, technically clear and accurate, and adhere to compliance requirements.
- Support proposal development, including drafting, editing, assembling, and submitting proposals, and tracking results. This includes:
- Authoring text- This may include gathering information; leading technical design and storyboard sessions, writing and/or editing proposal sections such as executive summary, technical approach, management and staffing plans, and other sections as needed; consulting with technical staff to ensure accuracy; and revising text based on feedback.
- Substantive editing- This may include reorganizing material, adding or deleting information, revising major sections of text, and asking authors to address questions and concerns.
- Write and/or edit supportive documents needed for proposals including capability statements, past performance references, personnel resumes, job descriptions, and background information on the relevant subject areas.
- Liaise with technical experts to ensure the accuracy of content, with graphic designers to improve the presentation of information, and with editors and other communications, experts to ensure compliance with organizational processes for preparation and approval of materials.
- Develop business development collateral and presentations along with the technical staff for proposal responses as well as other client pitches.
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, communications, public health, biological science, marketing, or related field is required. An advanced degree is preferred.
- Minimum of three (3) years writing health IT-related US government proposals (e.g., NIH, FDA, CDC, CMS, DoD, VA, etc); and prior experience writing large scale, complex bids of multimillion-dollar value with proven success is required.
- Demonstrated writing and editing skills appropriate for competitive proposal submissions.
- Demonstrated skill in using terminology and concepts related to health IT solutions.
Powered by JazzHR