Smart Teachers are looking to appoint a Teaching Assistant to work at a school in Hounslow. This is a full-time role, ideal for an experienced or newly qualified Teaching Assistant looking for their next opportunity. To start in September 2020, this position has the potential to be made permanent for the right candidate.
The successful Teaching Assistant will be a passionate and proactive individual, capable of building good relationships with pupils and staff. Working in KS1 and KS2, they must have a good understanding of the curriculum and be able to work with the class teacher to deliver sessions in small group settings. The individual must also feel comfortable working 1:1 or with small groups, supporting children who display special educational needs.
The school are seeking and engaging and proactive Teaching Assistant to join their team. In return, the school can offer a friendly environment, with hardworking colleagues and a very supportive leadership team. The appointed Teaching Assistant will benefit from working alongside experienced members of staff and lots of opportunities for professional development.
To be considered for the Teaching Assistant position, you will:
- Have experience working in KS1/KS2
- Hold a minimum Level 2 childcare qualification
- Have excellent behaviour management skills
- Be a confident communicator, able to use your own initiative when required
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Smart Teachers
Smart Teachers is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff. We have branches across the country, and we are part of the world-renowned education company Tes Global.
What Smart Teachers offer
As a valued employee of Smart Teachers you will receive:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (to commence when schools re-open, subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers' Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and an online Educare training package.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are a Teaching Assistant who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
For more information about this role and other opportunities across Smart Teachers, please contact our Primary Team on 0203 194 3153.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and to ensure we are fully compliant with Government guidance relating to social distancing, interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place by video call.