Seeking a Senior Buyer for a great company in Springfield, OH. Direct Hire with excellent benefits. Salary is based on experience, range is $60-75K annually
- Research, evaluate and buy products from a managed list of the Company’s external suppliers, which you develop and maintain with input from interested parties.
- Ensure parts and materials are bought at the most competitive price, highest quality and delivered on time for production requirements.
- Identify new suppliers, negotiate terms and agreements where appropriate, including discount structures and volume rebates.
- Establish reliable lines of communication with associated departments eg. Sales, Engineering, Quality and Operations. Responsible to assist other department personnel in determining the most suitable product or service to meet their needs/prints.
- Continually take a proactive approach in improving purchasing methods, while maintaining the integrity of our internal QMS and our Core Value Handbook.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, or 3-5 years equivalent experience.
- Leadership of Production, Procurement and Inventory Management preferred.
- Proven success in negotiating terms and agreement for purchased parts, as well as LTA’s
- Familiarity with ISO 9001 quality standards and expectations beneficial.
Abilities, Knowledge & Skills:
- Strong negotiating skills
- Comprehensive understanding of MS Excel, MS Word and industry standard purchase order software, Plexus in particular.
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Must be able to implement and manage change in the organization.
- Strong interpersonal skills, both written and verbal.
- Must be able to set and maintain schedules.
- Must possess analytical thinking and reasoning skills.
- Must be able to mentor team leaders and team members.
- Must be a relationship-builder who can work with all customers.
- Office environment, minimal overnight travel
Role: Senior Buyer
Apply for this job now.