Job Title: Medical Records Technician
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
Division: Chart Recovery
Reports to: Director, Chart Recovery
Episource, with over 1500 employees worldwide, is a leading provider of risk adjustment services and solutions for health plans. Our services help Medicare Advantage, Commercial/Exchange, and Medicaid managed care plans improve and support accurate reimbursement in a post-Affordable Care Act market. Our services include retrospective chart reviews, medical record retrieval, HEDIS/ACO quality reporting, and data analytics, allowing payers and providers to dramatically reduce costs and improve quality of care.
The Medical Records Technician is responsible for retrieving medical records (both paper and electronic forms) from various healthcare facilities on behalf of health plans and other clients for retrospective and prospective reviews such as Commercial, Medicaid, Medicare Risk Adjustment (MRA), Risk Adjustment Data Validation (RADV), Accountable
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Retrieves medical record information from Provider offices and facilities through pulling, breaking down, copying/ scanning, indexing, assembling and uploading medical records into an image data management application
• Uploads all retrieved charts and applicable forms to company server daily
• Completes daily productivity and progress log
• Prepares, receives and submits forms, documentation and correspondences
• Communicating with medical personnel to confirm scheduled appointments
• Face to face interaction with medical personnel during onsite provider office and facility visits
• Additional duties as necessary to meet the obligations of our clients
• A valid driver’s license and insurance/liability policy in the employee's name is mandatory in applicable cities/states when a motor vehicle is necessary for the position. Cities and states this may not apply to: San Francisca-CA, New York City-NY, Washington D.C., Chicago-IL, Management will notify such employees when applicable.
• Must have Document Imaging or Scanning experience
• Minimum 3 years of strong office/customer service administration experience required
• Some medical terminology
• Entry level understanding of healthcare administration
• Basic understanding of HIPAA and PHI
• Basic navigational knowledge of electronic medical record applications such as Epic
• Basic understanding of project management methodologies and key terms
• Must have excellent time management skills, be highly organized, self-motivated
• Maintain a high level of productivity and confidentiality
• Excellent customer service, problem solving skills and attention to detail
• Strong knowledge of computer based systems such as Excel, Word, and the Internet with the ability to quickly learn new systems
• The ability to follow through timely on tasks is essential
• Possess excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
• Team oriented and leadership skills
• Must possess initiative; tact; poise; neat personal appearance; physical condition commensurate with the requirements of the position
• Some travel required. At times travel within a 30-50 mile radius is expected
• HS Diploma/GED required; preferred AA or higher degree or equivalent job related experience
• Registered Health Information Technician(RHIT)certification a plus
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit and lift. The employee must lift, carry and/or move up Scanner and Laptops, weighing up to 30 pounds. The Employee must have the ability to engage in repetitive motions such as copying and scanning medical records. Specific vision abilities required by this job include color vision. Requires prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching, requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports.
EEO POLICY STATEMENT:
Episource, LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Episource, LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Episource, LLC expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Episource, LLC employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.
SIMPLE, QUALITY, AND COST-EFFECTIVE SOLUTIONS TAILORED TO THE NEEDS OF OUR CLIENTS.
Episource is driven to collect data that's insightful and accurate. With innovative technology and a global services model, we offer intuitive analytics to impact meaningful growth. From robust Risk Adjustment Analytics, Retrospective Chart Reviews, Quality Reporting, Encounter Data Submissions, and Clinical Services, Episource starts with the smallest of details and translates them to create better patient insights around disease profiles and care gaps. We know that behind each chart and every code is a real person. Humanity is our binding element, and we have your members in mind.
Our vision is to provide health information exchange solutions that allow healthcare organizations to safely and efficiently manage member-centric data, quality of care initiatives, member intervention and management programs, risk adjustment programs in Medicare, Medicaid, Commercial, and Exchanges. Episource emphasizes driving value, operational excellence, respect, and integrity in all aspects of our operational and professional conduct, while striving to reflect the highest ethical standards in our relationships with members, providers, and our clients.
Embracing a hybrid model that caters to the requirements of the global market, Episource concentrates application and functional expertise located both onshore and offshore, where we leverage best practices and economies of scale. Our highly-skilled workforce is trained in a consistent client delivery approach that emphasizes value, and enables clients to focus more on their core competencies.
Role: Medical Records Technician
Location: Cherry Hill,
Apply for this job now.