The receiving manager plans, organizes and monitors the receiving, storage and distribution of all items received either from suppliers or customers, ensuring a smooth and consistent operation so goods are located and distributed to proper departments in an effective and efficient manner.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Monitors the unloading of all materials into the receiving department; ensures materials are staged for counting and inspection; ensures receiving reports accurately report material received. Resolves discrepancies with accounting regarding invoices, packing slips, and receiver reports. Monitors the flow of paperwork from receiving to inventory control for timely data entry.
· Receives incoming returns, sorts by vendor, counts and enters information on packing slip into the system.
· Inspects shipments for damages or defects; records discrepancies or damages and notifies the team. Search for opportunities to move dead inventory through various channels.
· Attention to detail required; must ensure quality packaging of orders; must be able to retrieve correct styles and quantities of product from stock.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
· Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Business or similar
· 1+ years of experience in retail/wholesale/production/distribution environment
· Solid working knowledge of computer systems; Navision a plus
· Go gather with entrepreneurial spirit; eager to learn and get a job done
· Must be able to multi-task, be flexible, perform in fast-paced environment and maintain focus while anticipating and reacting to shifting priorities and changes in business.
· Ability to work well and communicate with other departments to ensure internal customer needs are met
Jewelry wholesale company based in Sunrise, Florida. Young leadership team of established company that has experienced significant growth over the last 5 years.
Role: Receiving Coordinator
Apply for this job now.