Site operations lead for the Gaylord, MN facility. The Plant Manager oversees all daily operations of the plant from production and manufacturing while insuring policies and procedures are followed. This position develops processes that maximize ownership, stewardship, safety, quality and productivity.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Provide overall leadership, direction, and coordination for plant operations.
· Ensure adherence to all safety policies and procedures promoting a world-class safety culture.
· Ensure all plant personnel are operating in compliance with plant and corporate procedures as well as compliance with customer and governmental regulations
· Identify and implement strategies to improve performance, meeting and exceeding plant Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
· Provide coaching and development of plant staff to insure effective leadership, collaboration, and balance in achieving KPIs focused on safety, quality, customer service, and productivity.
· Monitor and set standards for operations and help identify and correct bottlenecks.
· Increase production asset capacity and flexibility while minimizing unnecessary costs.
· Plan and supervise the design and progress of capital projects.
· Develops and implements financial and non-financial objectives including annual budget that serves as the plants operating plan.
· Adhere to safe work practices, follow GMP's, maintain sanitary conditions & ensure product quality is maintained.
· Responsible for Food Safety and Food Quality of MFI products.
· Identify and address conditions or practices that may adversely affect food safety, food quality or personnel safety.
· Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· Ten or more years' related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· A demonstrated track record of achieving results against a comprehensive set of KPIs.
· Bachelor's degree (B.S.) from four-year college or university, preferably a B.S. in Food Science, Engineering, or Management;
· Excellent problem solving and reasoning skills required.
· Ability to analyze downtime and financial variance trends, identifying actions to deliver expected performance.
· Adequate knowledge of organizational effectiveness and operations management.
· Working knowledge of budgets, forecasting, and metrics.
· Ability to effectively present information to all levels of the company; plant floor to executive leadership.
· Excellent time management, and strong attention to detail, verbal and written communication skills, listening, decision-making, and organization skills required.
· Excellent computer skills required, including Microsoft Word and Excel skills.
· Excellent interpersonal skills needed, including coaching, team-building and training skills.
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
· Master's Degree
· Food manufacturing experience preferred. USDA experience beneficial.
Team Player:Works well as a member of a group
Leader:Inspires teammates to follow them
Detail Oriented:Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Dedicated:Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Self-Starter:Inspired to perform without outside help
Growth Opportunities:Inspired to perform well by the chance to take on more responsibility
Goal Completion:Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
Ability to Make an Impact:Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
Bachelors or better in Business or related field.
Bachelors or better in Business Administration or related field.
Bachelors or better in Engineering or related field.
Bachelors or better in Finance or related field.
Bachelors or better in Food Science or related field.
Bachelors or better in Industrial Engineering or related field.
Masters or better in Business Administration or related field.
Masters or better in Engineering or related field.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
TMG Professional Recruiting services is a boutique executive recruiting company. What separates us is our work ethic and commitment to our Client's and Candidate's needs in an urgent and accurate manner.
Role: Plant Manager- Food Industry Experience Required
Apply for this job now.