My client is a UK-headquartered company specialising in time-critical logistics. In addition to their head office in Birmingham, they have an office in Poland and additional market representation globally.
They are now looking for a Business Development Manager to join the team in Birmingham. Ideally the successful candidate will be located in the Midlands or the North West as they will be required to attend the office each Friday.
The ideal candidate for this position brings strong sales experience from the road freight industry and is very familiar with dealing with time-critical transports. Previous experience from the air freight/air charter industry would be desirable, but is not essential. We are looking for a confident, pro-active individual who has the ability to work independently.
You will be home based and in charge of your own diary with the freedom to cover potential clients across the country.
* To proactively identify opportunities to grow the business in new and existing markets to ensure business objectives are met.
* Use initiative to identify new potential areas for business development.
* Work in partnership with the local departments by providing them with all relevant information and supporting them throughout the operation process.
* To generate leads using a variety of different strategies, by phone, email and internet.
* Gather and document information about potential customers.
* To maintain clear information of potential clients including information received, services requested and dates for follow up calls.
* To proactively research, identify and grow business opportunities in new and existing markets to ensure business objectives are met.
* Secure profitable new clients primarily through telephone or face-to-face contact where appropriate and efficient.
* Manage diary / calendar efficiently and economically.
* Liaise with clients to identify requirements and source suitable, competitive solutions.
* Calling prospective clients to help build on a successful portfolio of existing clients and leads.
* Visiting potential, new and existing customers with a view to generate further business.
* Maintain and develop relationships with both key clients and new business leads to maximise business opportunities and increase client loyalty in an industry where client retention is never guaranteed.
Role: Business Development Executive - Road/Air Freight
Apply for this job now.