The Research and Evaluation (R&E) department supports the agency in its mission of being results-driven and providing quality and high-impact programming.
We are currently seeking a full-time analyst to join our team. The Data Analyst will be involved in five core R&E functions: 1) data development and support, 2) data collection and monitoring supervision, 3) data systems management, 4) data sharing/reporting, and 5) evaluation and assessment. The analyst will focus on one or more service areas in which YPI is engaged: educational support services, early childhood development, community development, or public health and wellness.
Position roles and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Data Development and Support
Working under the direction of the Research and Evaluation Manager, Analyst will:
- Help ensure that data development is in compliance with grant requirements.
- Support with identifying data sources, calculating baselines, setting targets, benchmark goals, etc.
- Support programming to assure programs are developed based on researched, evidence-based practices.
Data Collection and Monitoring Supervision
- Ensure data collection and reporting methods are accurate, effective and efficient.
- Support data collection, entry and validation practices and procedures.
- Support data training for program staff. Work with programming supervisors to ensure data collection and monitoring policies are understood and implemented via an accountability system.
- Support in data gathering and analysis of longitudinal data across various public data systems.
- Support programming to develop a “cycle of program improvement” through “data coaching” and regular data analysis and interpretation.
- Support in the use and updating of data monitoring tools such as dashboards, rubrics, data flowcharts, etc. that align with existing tools (such as performance measures, logic models, etc.)
Data Systems Management
- Support with use of data management software system.
- Support with staff training and technical assistance on data systems.
- Support with ensuring data security policies and procedures are followed.
- Support Research & Evaluation Managers with completing monthly and quarterly outcome reports.
- Assist with various types of reporting, including reports for funders, internal reviews, and other partnerships.
- Aid in developing data presentations for internal and external audiences, including graphs, tables, data visuals, etc. for supported programming.
- Support with the creation of data visuals drawing on programmatic and secondary data sources.
Evaluation and Assessment
- Support in the implementation, administration and analysis of various evaluation tools such as surveys, focus groups, assessments, etc.
Benefits or Incentives:
- Agency sponsored medical, dental, and vision coverage with percentage of paid premium for employee. Eligible dependents can also obtain coverage at an additional cost to the employee.
- Employer paid life insurance.
- Employer paid Employee Assistant Program.
- Option to participate in AFLAC.
- 401K retirement plan with up to 4% deferral matching profit sharing on contributions for all eligible employees.
- Thirteen annually paid holidays.
- Paid vacation and sick time off.
- Agency-issued laptop and case.
- Option to have company-issued cell phone or agency will pay monthly allowance to use your own phone for YPI business for eligible positions.
- Reimbursement of all mileage and travel costs.
- Access to training resources and materials.
- Monthly well-being challenges.
The Youth Policy Institute transforms Los Angeles neighborhoods using a holistic approach to reduce poverty by ensuring families have access to high quality schools, wrap-around education and technology services, enabling a successful transition from cradle to college and career.
Since the 1990’s, YPI has successfully blended multiple funding streams and partnerships to saturate Los Angeles communities with critically needed services. YPI currently operates a $51 million budget and places more than 1,200 staff at 125 service sites throughout Los Angeles. YPI provide programs and services to more than 100,000 clients each year
Role: Data Analyst
Apply for this job now.