Company: FIRST CHILDREN SERVICES
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Per Diem position with flexible hours (morning, afternoon & evening schedules available)
First Children Services is actively recruiting for per diem Behavior Technicians. Our Behavior Technicians work directly with a child diagnosed with autism or other behavioral concerns and their family to implement the behavior plan designed by our BCBA in home, school and/or clinic settings.
The Behavior Technician will:
- build a rapport with the child.
- work with child and family on the goals set forth in the behavior plan.
- teach new skills.
- manage behaviors, including physical and self-injurious behaviors.
- collect data and document sessions.
- Current RBT certification or completion of 40 hour RBT training course and ability/commitment to pass the RBT certification within 30 days of hire is required.
- Safety Care Certification.
- CPR Certification.
- Genuine interest in working with children with autism or behavioral concerns.
- Ability to deescalate/restrain clients ages 0 to 21 years old using correct safety procedures.
- Patience, problem-solving skills, discretion, ability to think on your feet, creativity.
- Ability to work well with others and be an effective part of a treatment team.
- Ability to work equally well independently.
- Strong interpersonal and writing skills.
- Flexible work schedule (minimum 6 hours per week, max 40 hours per week)
- Access to reliable transportation; valid driver's license, willingness to travel (between 30-45 min preferred).
- Bachelor's degree in psychology, special education, guidance and counseling, social work, or a related field preferred.
- At least one year of supervised experience in implementing positive behavior support plans and teaching ADL/Instrumental skills for individuals who have intellectual/developmental disabilities preferred.
- One year of supervised experience implementing Behavioral Support Plans preferred.
- Previous experience working with children required.
Meet our requirements but don't have the required training or RBT Certification? We offer otherwise qualified applicants:
- Free RBT training courses
- Free Safety Care
- Free CPR training
First Children Services is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.