The Maintenance Mechanic is responsible for maintaining and improving production equipment and facilities as well as install new equipment.
- Repairs and maintenance of production equipment, support equipment, building and grounds.
- Conducts preventive maintenance on all types of equipment.
- Installation and relocation equipment as required.
- Calibrations for various measuring devices.
- Boiler maintenance and boiler water treatment.
- Minor electrical wiring and troubleshoot electrical problems.
- Risk analysis to identify safety hazards and fill out work permits prior to beginning a job
- Perform housekeeping and sanitation as needed.
- Good trouble shooting skills.
- Working knowledge of all production equipment.
- Electrical system understanding.
- Ability to climb stairs and ladders to 70 feet and maneuver in small spaces
- Lift 50 lbs.
- Be on-call as required.
- PLC experience a plus
- Fork-lift experience preferred
- Proper work ethic including being at work when scheduled, arriving to work on time, and being ready to work at the start of the shift.
This position may be required to to work occasional weekend overtime to do project and preventative maintenance work while equipment is down.
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Paid Holidays, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, 401K Plan, Educational Assistance, Profit Sharing
Screening Requirements: Motor Vehicle, Drug Screen, Criminal Background Check
Required education: High school or equivalent
Job Type: Full-time
D.D. Williamson (DDW) is a global, privately held corporation providing caramel color, burnt sugar & natural colorings for the food and beverage industry for nearly 150 years.
Now headquartered in Louisville, KY, D.D. Williamson, "The Color House", has ten manufacturing sites for naturally derived coloring on five continents with customers in over 100 countries. The company is an emerging leader for natural coloring in yellow, orange and brown hues. Every day more than 2 billion servings of food and beverages containing DDW coloring are consumed around the globe.
Role: 2nd Shift Maintenance Technician
Apply for this job now.