The Master Scheduler will lead the team in the analysis and generation of the compounding and filling schedule to support manufacturing execution. The Scheduler will be responsible for ensuring available capacity, short and long-term, and material flow from supply base to support production of both new and existing items. The Master Scheduler will work with internal business partners, including Customer Account Teams, Manufacturing, Compounding, Quality, and R & D to develop production plans which meet service objectives, optimize inventory investment, and facilitate efficient utilization of resources.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Generate and provide an executable Production Schedule for compounding and filling.
- Facilitate daily meetings with key stakeholders to review the execution of the compounding and filling schedules.
- Lead, on a weekly basis, schedule turnover meetings with the manufacturing and compounding teams.
- Conduct RCCP (Rough Cut Capacity Planning) for compounding and filling to ensure capacity is available to support upcoming customer sales order requirements.
- Set and maintain production parameters, i.e. standards, to support the development of an executable schedule.
- Isolate and drive the resolution of work order quantity variances and material remnants.
- Support Customer Account Teams service and sales revenue objectives by working collaboratively to develop the production schedule.
- Assist in the creation of the pilot and scale up schedule for new items by partnering with compounding and R & D.
- Identify and lead continuous improvement efforts to streamline processes and procedures to remove non-value added effort.
- Generate & Maintain key supply chain metrics/KPI's for the department
- Establish the sales and operations planning process. Coordinate S&OP monthly meetings with the business functions
- Develop production plans in coordination with the S&OP setting production levels and inventory levels
- Maintain short- and long-term capacity plans based on supplier, manufacturing facility, and distribution center constraints
- Design methodologies and coordinate activities of production schedulers in preparation of the master production schedule
- Implement material requirements planning. Coordinate with production to ensure accuracy of planning parameters within the MRP system ABC analysis, lead times, and optimal batch sizes.
- Establish process to create and maintain accurate Gross Requirement reports to keep visible the WO status's of batch requirements
- Participate in the annual standard costing process
- Identify opportunities for cost reduction in Manufacturing and Production.
- Develop and report key performance indicators, metrics, and scorecards for suppliers and manufacturing processes
- Maintain safety stock levels of raw materials for those customers who sales forecast of FG items.
- Provided analysis for long lead time chemicals
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
Role: Master Scheduler/Planner
Apply for this job now.