Why work for Knight Transportation:
We offer a high level of opportunity for each of our team members, while creating value through continuous training and development. We are a highly innovative transportation company who prides ourselves on our modern and advanced equipment and technology. We offer a training Program on Volvo, Cummins, and International trucks and engines and 6-month review of career path progression with competitive pay!
Seeking: General, Senior and Master Mechanics with desire to grow with Knight Transportation.
- Depending on Experience-Position Responsibilities could include:
- Preform PM's on both tractor and trailers, as well and general repairs
- Perform minor, mostly un-supervised repairs on:
- Tire changes and wheel stud replacements
- Repair/replace lights
- Brake jobs
- Cab and interior problems
- Repair transmissions, driveline and differentials
- Provide assistance to higher level techs on standard technical and diagnostic repairs
- 1+ years of mechanical experience with on the job training or Diploma in vehicle maintenance from vocational or trade school
- May require ASE certifications
- Knowledge of compliance with OSHA, DOT, and CSA regulations
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance - Knight Provides Basic Life insurance coverage and Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- 401K through Knight Transportation Paid Vacation
- Quarterly Bonus Program
We believe in everyone giving their best, being honest, mutually respecting others and having passion for continual learning. This is the difference in our company. It incorporates our willingness to take personal accountability and our willingness to accept the rules of engagement in how we work together. The attribute of a strong work ethic has been passed down from our founders since the beginning.
Looking good is nothing, but being good is everything. We are thrilled when focus, attention, and spotlight is shined where we can improve. This requires a special blend of humility, courage, and a genuine desire to be good, which results in extraordinary outcomes and greatness.
Our experience has shown that hard working, smart individuals focus on solving problems and improving efficiencies. This is our greatest differentiator. Our goal as an organization is to be the very best in our industry. The best in profitability, returns, culture, growth, innovation and ideas.
We have a saying here at Knight, “Culture is not the most important thing - it is the only thing.” This is what makes us who we are.
Role: Diesel Technician
Apply for this job now.