Our client, an established freight forwarder, is looking to add an Ocean Air Import Coordinator to their Romulus team. This is a fast-paced logistics team that is in search of someone to work with their customers.
Pay range for this position is between $16.00 to $17.00 per hour based on experience. Work hours are Monday through Friday, from approximately 8:00 AM-5:00 PM.
This is a contract-to-hire opportunity.
Ocean Air Import Coordinator Duties:
Provide administrative support for the department.
- Tracking of inbound freight to ensure the on-time arrival of product, via email, phone and internet.
- Timely follow-up of priority orders and delivery appointments.
- Data entry and file maintenance (new item set-ups, PO tracking comments, and more as needed).
- Generate, maintain and manage reports designed to provide analytical support to specified users.
- Provide additional administrative support for the import operations team as requested.
- Reviewing/answering emails
- Special Projects as assigned.
- Process international shipments with US Customs.
Ocean Air Import Coordinator Requirements:
- High School Diploma, College degree not mandatory
- Proficient in MS Office suite, Email, Internet
- Requires strong communication skills, both verbal and written, organizational skills, both analytical and problem solving, and the ability to work with confidential documents.
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to work overtime if required
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and achieve deadlines under pressure.
- Strong math and geography skills
Snelling has been serving the local metro Detroit area for the past 30 years and has built incredibly strong partnerships with our clients, candidates and employees.
Ocean Air Import Coordinator Benefits:
Professional Work Environment
Contract to Hire Opportunity
Pay Commiserate with Experience
Direct Deposit or Pay Card
Paperless Online Time Keeping
Six Paid Holidays
Free Skills Enhancement Programs
ACA Compliant Medical Insurance
Opportunity for Advancement
Interested and qualified candidates for the opening should submit their resume for immediate consideration. Resumes will be reviewed as quickly as possible and qualified applicants will be contacted to set up an interview.
Awards and Recognition:
Staffing 100: Lee Elkinson, Chief Executive Officer
Best of Staffing® Client Satisfaction Diamond Award (2013-2018)
2018 Best of Staffing® Client Satisfaction
Award 2017 Largest Staffing Firms in the United States - Staffing Industry Analysts 2017 Largest North Texas Women-Owned Businesses - Dallas Business Journal 2017
Best Professional Search Firms - Forbes 2017
Best of Staffing® Client Satisfaction Award 2016
Best of Staffing® Talent Satisfaction Award 2016 Best of Staffing®
Role: Import- Export Coordinator
Apply for this job now.