Position: Teaching Assistant - SEMH and Complex Needs
Location: Dagnenham, Essex
Contract Type: Permanent, full-time
Salary: £21,000 per annum
Start Date: September 2021
Our client is a very special school for young people with EHCPs for SEMH and complex needs. Some of their pupils are on the Autistic spectrum, all of their pupils have experienced trauma or adverse childhood experiences. They aim to provide their pupils with a unique, bespoke creative curriculum supported within a holistic framework of therapeutic intervention, and they are looking for staff who want to make a real difference to lives in an environment that has the needs of the young person at the heart of what they do.
They are looking for dedicated, skilled and experienced Teaching Assistant's who are committed to wanting to improve the lives of their pupils as well as developing their own skills, experience and expertise in supporting pupils with such complex SEMH needs. If you have experience as a Teaching Assistant, or similar within SEMH and complex needs and want to make a real difference please do get in touch.
Some of your day-to-day responsibilities would be:
- Supporting their pupils with learning in lessons - responding to individual needs.
- Working with the class teacher to develop resources and implementing interventions.
- Leading breaktime activities.
- Working with the staff team to implement their school ethos and vision.
- Establishing positive and professional relationships with pupils.
- Supporting class groups and individual pupils off site whilst on their PDAP programme and reward activities.
- Writing daily records, reports and maintaining other paperwork.
Your skills and attributes:
- Experience of working with young people experiencing social/emotional or mental health difficulties and challenging behaviour.
- Excellent team skills, with the ability to work independently when required.
- Ability to adapt the support required to meet the immediate and long term needs of each pupil in order to positively impact on their progress both educational and emotional.
- Good communication skills - verbal and written to a range of stake holders.
- Ability to demonstrate a high degree of emotional resilience and remain calm under pressure.
- A good education with Grades C or above in English and Maths
Apply today via this website. All post are subject to an Enhanced Disclosure check (DBS) under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Acts 1974.