Job Description: Quantity Surveyor
Location: Belfast with UK travel
Salary: Salary + travel allowance inc accommodation + subsistence
On behalf of my client, I am recruiting for a Quantity Surveyor to work on various high-end hospitality and retail projects (fit out). My client is a highly successful and renowned construction fit out company based in Northern Ireland. This role will be based from head office 2 days per week and some weekly travel throughout UK/ROI for 2/3 days.
Reporting to the Commercial Director your key responsibilities may vary depending on the nature and stage of the project being worked on, but can include: -
- Preparing tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities with the architect and/or the client
- Valuations, Variations , sub-contractors measurement and payment along with completion of job costings on a monthly basis for presentation to Director's
- Undertaking cost analysis for repair and maintenance project work;
- Performing risk, value management and cost control;
- Advising on procurement strategy;
- Identifying, analysing and developing responses to commercial risks;
- Preparing and analysing costings for tenders;
- Allocating work to subcontractors;
- Analysing outcomes and writing detailed progress report
- Strong time management and communication skills are essential to this role as well as computer literacy and the ability to prepare reports and administer necessary paperwork.
Candidates with 4/5 years of QS experience within in the fit out sector will be considered for this role. Please send your CV to Sarah Kennedy.