- Provides subject matter expertise by demonstrating knowledge of brokerage business operations across multiple business units.
- Establishes relationship with business partners to provide technical solutions to meet user needs.
- Responsible for the collection, analysis and documentation of a client's business requirements.
- Develops, writes, and communicates business requirements for the implementation of business solutions.
- Works closely with developers and outside vendors to clarify requirements and support desired goals.
- Works with project/program management and business to maintain priorities of tasks and escalate/handle issues.
- Develops test cases and validates test results during the testing phase.
- Coordinate with users to produce comprehensive test plan and develop user sign-off criteria.
- Hands-on involvement in analysis and documentation of testing results and review with end-users.
- Must have 4+ years prior Business Analyst experience with background developing BRDs, workflow documents, FRDs, UAT test scripts/cases, etc.
- Must have experience with vendor settlement systems such as: Broadridge (BPS, GPS, IMPACT), FIS Sungard Phase 3, Shadow Suite.
- Brokerage trading and operations background in functions such as: trade settlement, stock record, new accounts, ACATS, tax/cost basis, margins, securities lending, stock loan, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to communicate to a wide range of clients.
- Project management skills.
- Must be a self-starter who is comfortable working in a very dynamic environment, with rapidly changing priorities.
- Experience using Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio).
- SQL experience and the ability to write complex quires a major plus.
Since 1991, Financial Industry Technical Services, Inc. (FITS) has provided professional consulting services for the financial services industry. Our clients benefit from a consistent full-time employee resource model combined with the talents of highly-motivated and experienced professionals. FITS offers a cost-effective alternative to large national firms, with business solutions to meet the unique challenges and complexities facing the financial services industry today.
Our analysts, project managers and subject matter experts provide leadership roles for financial services firms, regulatory agencies and system vendors. FITS consultants develop broad relationships across financial system vendors with direct applicability to major Banking, Brokerage, Insurance, Mutual Fund and Trust platforms. FITS leverages industry expertise to provide clients with consulting resources who understand the business and the related systems requirements, and who can successfully execute project deliverables.
Role: Business Analyst Brokerage Settlement
Location: New York,
Apply for this job now.