This is an hourly, non-exempt position used to provide assistance to the management team. Ideally this is part of the Team Member Career Adventure to become an Internal Promote Candidate. The Shift Leader supports Leadership Team and Operator’s efforts to maximize sales and profits and minimize controllable costs by effectively directing and supervising work shift activities. Makes sound business decisions quickly to ensure guests receive service beyond their expectations. Shift Leaders are not allowed to have alarm codes. Keys issued to the Shift Leader should be issued on a shift by shift basis.
COMPENSATION IS BASED ON EXPERIENCE
Criteria to become a shift leader:
- Approved by the Director of Operations and Operator
- Employee in good standing
- No negative write ups
- Perfect image and attendance
- Positive attitude, engaging with our guests and a team leader
- Certified trainer
- Models and encourages Hogwood values and has a deep appreciation and joy of working with people.
- Consistently provides a quality product and guest service experience that delivers total guest satisfaction via high energy and sets an example of guest engagement by building lasting relationships.
- Is of high integrity and treats all employees with honesty, respect, and dignity.
- Establishes an environment of trust to ensure honest, open and direct communication; and provides a communication process that works up, down, and across the organization.
- Effectively plans, organizes and implements all daily operational routines and activities; completes all required administrative duties and daily paperwork.
- Able to supervise and perform closing and/or opening duties, as directed by Restaurant Leadership Team.
- Assign work to be done at the direction of the restaurant leaders and Operator.
- Supports the goals, decisions and directives of your Operator.
- Follows all POS comp procedures and cash handling procedures.
- Cannot conduct EE interviews
- Cannot discipline EE’s
- Resolve all restaurant level guest questions, complaints, and problems in a timely and efficient manner with management involvement.
- Use common sense when making critical decisions. Contact leadership and/or Operator if assistance is required or inform leadership and/or Operator as soon as possible when decisions have been made.
- Demonstrate appropriate professional and ethical behavior, at all times, when interacting with guests, employees, and managers
- Delegate shift responsibilities to employees and ensure proper completion of assigned tasks and checklists. Sets high goals for team members and drives results.
- Ensure that standards of food safety and sanitation are maintained al all times.
- Follow all procedures and polices to ensure the safety of all employees and guests.
- Interact with guests to ensure satisfaction.
- Provide prompt feedback to employees to recognize them for jobs well done.
- Communicate and correct employees when not following company standards or procedures.
- Must be able and willing to work flexible hours including opening and closing shifts
Knowledge and Skills Required
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish a plus
- Excellent verbal communication and analytical skills required.
- Must have successfully completed the entire Team Member Training Program
- Ability to get results through others
- Ability to train employees to meet and or exceed company standards
- Team building and leadership skills
- Ability to trouble shoot cash handling issues; excellent mathematical skills
- Ability to view the restaurant operations from the guests’ perspective
- Must be able to coordinate multiple projects and maintain required standards simultaneously
Must be able to coordinate multiple tasks while maintaining required standards of operation in daily restaurant activities. Must be able to draw on operations experience and knowledge of Hogwood procedures to recommend appropriate solutions to all guest, food and beverage situations. Judgment demonstrated must never compromise Hogwood standards, repeat business or integrity of the brand.
Must be available to work a variety of opens and closes including weekends and holidays. Closing shifts may require Team Members to stay as late as one hour or more after store closing. Age is dependent on state law, company policy and position held. Team Members must have reliable transportation to work and reliable method of communicating with the restaurant.
Must have the ability to lift and/or move up to 40-50 lbs. comfortably. Must be able to stand for long periods of time, bend, and stoop and work long hours. Vision abilities to include: distance, close, color, depth, peripheral as well as the ability to adjust focus. Ability to operate a computer and other productivity tools such as: calculator, copy machine and computer printer, cash register. Must be able to work around heat and work in close quarters as well as with various cleaning products.
Language, math and reasoning skills
Ability to speak clearly and listen attentively to other employees and leadership. Ability to read and/or follow written and verbal instructions and implement the same. Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form. Ability to perform office computer functions (Point of Sales etc) on a daily basis. Ability to understand policies and procedures and to adhere and enforce the same.
Contrary to popular belief, the soul of barbecue isn’t in the south. It isn’t in any one place. It’s in the fire.
Hogwood BBQ of Franklin is locally owned and operated by Emily Yamanaka. Growing up in Southern California her parents showed her that being a person of value is more important than being one of success by supporting family, friends and the community in which we live. Her career was catalyzed by her passion for training and developing others allowing her to work and travel for companies such as Chick-fil-A, Inc., Pieology and Life Time Athletic. Emily is excited to grow roots and bring the first ever Hogwood BBQ to the City of Franklin.
Role: Restaurant Shift Leader
Apply for this job now.