The ideal candidate is a self-starter and problem solver who has practical experience in the design and development of software to control complex electromechanical systems that include precision optical components and robotics. This candidate will also possess superior communications skills and feel comfortable working on small multidisciplinary teams of engineers and scientists. Project leadership experience is a plus, as is experience in directing third-party product development efforts. Familiarity with machine vision systems or image analysis software would be highly beneficial.
All candidates must demonstrate software design and development experience in at least one of the following:
- Robotics and Motion Control Systems
- Factory or laboratory automation, particularly in pharmaceutical manufacturing
- Control systems
- High-precision automated inspection equipment
- Experience with embedded control
Duties and responsibilities:
- Development of software/firmware for machine control, including updates to our existing GD system and a new instrument to be developed – from lower- level component and device control to customer-facing GUI screens and menus
- Knowledge of servo/stepper motor control
- Hardware interface experience; barcode reader, A/D, etc.
- Develop and maintain software design requirements (SDRs)
- Design and develop system control software including user interface, database management, scheduling, and machine control
- Develop design modifications to address field concerns, reduce system costs, and improve system performance
- Develop, evaluate, and improve subsystem or component designs under formal design control procedures – familiarity with Agile and Waterfall development processes is highly desired
- Troubleshoot system performance problems – potentially remotely at customer sites – in order to identify design root cause and develop fixes
- Work collaboratively and efficiently with internal and external engineering and scientific resources
- Independently analyze data and write up results as appropriate
- Give oral and written presentations of work to co-workers and management
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as required to hit critical deadlines
- BS degree in SW Development or SW engineering, or a degree in physics, electrical engineering or mathematics with extensive SW development experience
- MS focused on SW development preferred
- 10+ years’ experience in software/systems development
- .NET 1.0 – 4.5
We provide competitive technical and non-technical talent that enables companies to achieve truly exceptional results.
Role: Senior Software Engineer
Apply for this job now.