We are currently recruiting for a Data Engineer for a 6 month contract. This role will be fully remote to begin with but will require travel to site once Covid restrictions are eased. This role will require the successful candidate to hold current SC Clearance.
- Define version control mechanisms and strategies for the source code of products.
- Support Quality Assurance colleagues and Data Managers responsible for the day to day testing and live running of data products and services.
- Shape solutions in a fit for purpose way; following the agreed principles and contribute to the overall Data Engineer Development life cycle.
- Perform data profiling and quality measurements.
- Designing and developing reusable metadata libraries.
- Owning the stability of new products designed, including the on-going robustness, resilience and stability of these products.
- Identifying, managing and resolving issues preventing the delivery or continuous development of products.
- Able to identify simple patterns and trends.
- Able to investigate problems and opportunities in existing processes and contribute solutions.
- Work with stakeholders to identify objectives and potential benefits available.
- Able to design, develop, code, test, correct and document simple programs or scripts under the direction of others.
- Experience working in the Government/Public sector.
- Experience working with AIX Unix, Inges DB, SQL Script, MS Access and VBA.
- Knowledge of Data Services, Business Objects, Qlik Sense and INformatica.
If you are available and interested in this role please apply with an up to date CV
Role: Data Engineer
Job Type: Contract
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne And Wear,
Apply for this job now.