Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $70,000.00 to $85,000.00 /year
We are looking for a responsible Quality Assurance Manager for tests and inspects products at various stages of production process and compiles and evaluates statistical data to determine and maintain quality and reliability of products. You will be managing the QA Department. The ideal candidate will possess a trained eye for detail and will be reliable and committed. In depth knowledge and comprehension of quality standards is essential. The goal is to ensure that our products are made of flawless materials with well-functioning equipment. That way our customers will enjoy high-quality merchandise so that we can achieve long-term success
- Direct and Lead all Quality department initiatives particularly:
- Automate/Process Improve current practices to meet growing business needs
- Establish & maintain key department KPI's demonstrating improvement
- Serve as the product and process technology expert, and leads efforts in problem-solving and continuous improvement (using methods such as 8D root cause analysis, Ishikawa Fishbone Diagrams, and 5-why analysis)
- Partner with Production and Supply Chain as a technical expert to further improve raw material and finished goods integrity
- Resolves daily manufacturing-based quality issues through a detailed analysis of manufactured parts against quality specifications.
- Oversees control of nonconforming product and determines initial disposition.
- Organizes and directs the actions of corrective-action groups to solve manufacturing quality issues. Leads group actions and provides detailed reporting of results.
- Assist QA Manager in establishing controls, procedures and practices related to new product launches; including PPAPs and Control Plans
- Drive yield improvements such as scrap reduction, production performance & capability
- Provide direction for appropriate SPC Analysis and integration into shop floor performance
- Oversee ISO 9005 improvements/standards, annual audits, GaugeTrack process, etc.
- Statistical analysis of QC and production data using Minitab software to determine trends, identify issues. and recommend improvements.
- Oversee all supplier quality, scrap, corrective actions
- Maintain document control and change management systems, review and revise policies and procedures when appropriate
- Improve and write new standard operating procedures
- 4 - year degree in Engineering, or 2+-year degree with progressive experience
- 1-2 years in a leadership role
- 2+ years of experience with various metals, castings and stampings
Powered by JazzHR