Supervises and coordinates outgoing shipments, and preparing items for shipment by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Studies shipping notices, orders, and other records to determine shipping accuracy, work assignments, and shipping methods required to meet shipping schedules.
- Oversees outgoing shipping activities to ensure accuracy, completeness, and condition of shipments.
- Determines space requirements and position of shipment in trailers and trucks and lays out position of shipment.
- Inspects loading operations to ensure compliance with shipping specifications, and seals loaded boxcars and truck doors.
- Updating google sheets with shipments that have shipped.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Job Knowledge - Requires minimal supervision; displays understanding of how job relates to others; uses resources effectively.
- Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully, develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations.
- Communications - Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally, expresses ideas and thoughts in written form, exhibits good listening and comprehension, keeps others adequately informed, selects and uses appropriate communication methods.
Forklift certified. (Sit down)
Required to lift 45+ lbs.
Able to work in a fast pace environment * Flexible with schedule
Job Type: Full-time
Role: Shipping Lead
Location: La Habra,
Apply for this job now.