Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Salary: £30,000 - £45,000 per annum, Inc benefits
REED are recruiting an Accounts Senior to join an established Accountancy Practice based in either Shaftesbury or Gillingham.
This growing accountancy firm has a great reputation for being a friendly and supportive place to work and providing their staff with challenging and varied roles. The firm has a real family feel, with a low staff turnover and many of the staff have successful long-term careers at the firm.Overall, this is a unique opportunity for a progressive Accounts Senior from a practice background to join a good quality well respected accountancy firm based in Dorset with genuine progression to Manager grade and beyond on offer.
Our client is looking for a motivated accounts professional to work with predominantly owner-managed businesses and SMEs from a range of sectors with strong client focus and contact.
Please see details below:
Accounts Senior (Accountancy Practice)
Full Time / Part Time
Salary dependant on experience (circa £40,000 per annum)
- As an Accounts Senior, your role will be varied and will include reporting directly to Partner/Director level, liaising directly with all clients.
- You will be responsible for managing a client portfolio and for preparing and reviewing statutory accounts for limited companies, partnerships, sole traders, and tax computations and returns, as well as providing planning advice to clients, and mentoring junior members of staff.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in a UK based practice environment.
- Strong technical knowledge of accounting standards, as well as knowledge of tax legislation and compliance requirements.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are essential, as you will be liaising with clients.
- You will also be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, with strong organisational and time management skills.
- You will be working in a friendly and growing team, and you can expect to work on an interesting array of clients from a wide range of industries.
- No experience of the client base is necessary although a strong interest in working with SMEs, particularly in rural industries, is preferred.
- We offer a competitive salary package, including benefits such as pension contributions and support for further professional development.
- The firm also offers bespoke hybrid working. Relocation expenses package negotiable.