Following another successful year and significant growth, our client, a rapidly expanding E-Commerce business close to the Warrington area has a fantastic opportunity for an experienced and technically strong Financial Controller to play an integral part of the strategic direction for a fast-paced organisation with an ambitious, yet achievable growth strategy.
Reporting to the Finance Director, the successful candidate will be responsible for the financial control across this award-winning business, developing existing processes and providing key financial information that will influence strategic decision making.
- Manage a finance team of 7 and report directly into a board position
- Have full ownership of the P&L and balance sheet reconciliations
- Responsible weekly flash reporting and for driving divisional / product P&L reporting,
- Producing quarterly VAT returns
- Assisting the commercial finance team in customer profitability analysis
- Responsible for annual and mid-year budgets / forecasts
- Build external relationships with banks, external auditors and funders
- Developing the finance team including management accounts and billing team
- Create processes, systems and control, driving change to increase speed and accuracy of reporting
- Working closely with operational management to develop and report operational performance on a weekly and monthly basis
- Manage daily bank transactions and short-term cash flow management
- Liaising with key suppliers and customers
- Managing the interactions between the finance teams and other functions including operations, sales and HR
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified Accountant
- Experienced in managing medium sized finance teams
- Exceptional communication skills
- Self-starting and able to identify value- add opportunities
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet tight deadlines
- Proven track record in reviewing and developing existing processes
- Advanced numeracy, including ability to model scenarios and sensitivities
Following a new recent investment, the successful candidate will join the business amidst a significant period of change, offering the individual the opportunity to make a real impact on the group from day one.
The successful candidate will be an experienced Financial Controller with a proven track record in managing all aspects of a finance team. You will have ideally worked within a large, fast-paced business and be comfortable with an ever-changing work environment.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a down to earth, high calibre senior management team who all share the same vision and desire for the success of the business.