Calling all Foodies! Don’t romaine calm, Busch’s is HIRING! Do you love food, fun and people? Are you looking for growth, development and excellent wages? We could make the perfect pear!
Our industry is ever changing and we are looking for individuals who are passionate about food and people. We are a family-owned, Michigan based company that is heavily rooted in the communities we serve. Busch’s offers its employees benefits such as employee discounts, medical benefits including dental and optical, 401K with company match (restrictions apply) and even tuition reimbursement for qualifying students!
To direct operations of a Busch’s store, including financial performance, service, selling, staffing, merchandising, safety, sanitation, loss prevention, community relations and compliance with all regulatory agencies. Accountable for effective reduction of costs and working with department managers and vendors to achieve common goals of increasing sales through a guest’s experience with associates, products, product placement and cleanliness of store.
- Ensure all store orders, including pre-sells, turn merchandise, ABS and CPI buys are placed at appropriate levels.
- Review work schedules, daily hours and sales against projections. Make adjustments to meet sales, budget and guest service needs.
- Monitor weekly financial performance and make adjustments as required in labor dollars, labor hours, shrink, sales, and supplies.
- Assist department managers in determining work priorities and fixed tasks to achieve readiness standards.
- Conduct weekly individual meetings with department managers and provide constant communication to department managers.
- Assist with interviewing and hiring all store associates.
- Complete and administer reviews for department managers.
- Continually evaluate and react to positive and negative performance issues.
- Train and develop department managers. Monitor training and development for all store associates.
- Be aware of competitive activities and report findings/impact. Review department/store trends and recommend and initiate changes.
- Protect and preserve the assets of the store (i.e. cash, inventory, equipment, associates, building/parking lot).
- Ensure maintenance issues are logged weekly and immediate action is taken on any urgent issues involving safety or asset protection.
- Ensure planning and preparing for physical inventories is completed.
- Plan for department resets.
- Monitor, react and resolve guest comments and concerns timely.
- Achieve Busch’s sanitation and food safety standards.
- Recommend annual capital expenditures for store and any store facility improvements.
- Exemplify key concepts of hospitality when interacting with guests.
- Provide solid leadership and guidance to direct reports.
- Contribute to organizational effectiveness by offering information, suggestions and recommendations.
- Communicate and work with other functional areas of Busch’s operations.
- Adhere to all Busch’s policies, practices and procedures.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by completing educational opportunities, reviewing professional publications, benchmarking state of the art practices and networking.
- Build strong working relationships with guests, vendors and associates.
Skills & Requirements
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience in retail operations.
- 5+ year experience in retail management with a preferred background in the food business.
- Proficient conflict resolution skills.
- Proficient merchandising skills to plan and execute displays designed to drive profit, create interest, perceived value and suggest meal solutions.
- Proficient management and leadership skills.
- Proficient organization and planning skills, especially to manage multiple deadlines and projects.
- Proficient communication and interpersonal skills, including written, verbal and listening skills.
- Proficient computer skills in Excel, Word and email. Able to learn and use a variety of proprietary applications and technology.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision making skills.
Busch’s is a family owned premier grocery retailer with multiple stores in Southeast Michigan. We are consistently recognized by our guests as an industry leader when it comes to service, product selection, store design and overall atmosphere. You can take pride in being a member of the Busch’s family and working in an environment where we truly care about our guests and the products we serve. We also take great care of the associates that take care of our guests. At Busch’s, we realize that without caring, motivated and personable associates, there would be no guests to serve.
What is Busch's
Busch's is the hometown local food market that blends the best of today's freshness and style with the traditional values, personal service and wholesomeness you expect from the neighborhood grocer, but seldom find at other supermarkets.
Our products are specifically chosen for their exceptional taste and superior ingredients. From local specialty gourmet foods and farm to table produce, to everyday staples, Busch’s delivers only the best to your table. Not to mention we carry over 4,000 Michigan made products every day!
Role: Store Manager
Location: Ann Arbor,
Apply for this job now.