Company: MAGADIA CONSULTING INC
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Magadia Consulting is looking for a Senior Project Manager to manage and lead one or more project teams to deliver IT solutions that meet or exceed customers expectations in quality, timeliness, and budget. Using software development lifecycle best practices, create project teams, develop project plans and project financials to create project deliverable efficiently and cost effectively. Manage and deliver contract performance goals, maintain excellent customer engagement and communication with internal and external stakeholders.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Planning, directing, and managing projects from initiation through to implementation using various software development methodologies, including Agile Methodologies such as Scrum, Kanban, and DevOps.
- Engages with Product Owner, Business Stakeholders, and the delivery team to elicit and understand business needs and ensure that business requirements are implementable.
- Responsible for managing project costs, resources, change requests, risks and issues to ensure that maximum business benefit is maintained.
- Develops project plans and ensures that the scope and approach are fully understood by all stakeholders.
- Coordinates planning, development, testing, and documentation of project to ensure timely deliverables, project success and quality.
- Adjusts resources as necessary to ensure project success and completion.
- Provides work direction and feedback to all team members and assists them in setting priorities and issue resolution. Provides guidance to team members on administrative and technical problems.
- Creates an environment conducive to teamwork and enhanced productivity.
- Cultivates a high level of energy and excitement in the project team.
- Maintains existing processes and develops new processes as necessary to ensure mission critical systems are completed with predictable resource requirements, schedule, and quality.
- Breaks down barriers and shields the project team from impediments that precludes resources from making progress against milestones and deadlines.
- Facilitates discussions and looks beyond the obvious for continuous improvement opportunities.
- Performs hands-on reviews of various project artifacts to ensure adherence to the scope of the project and take corrective actions as needed in addressing delivery impediments or product quality issues.
- Ensures adherence to PMBOK and best practices in using it for Agile software development methodology.
- Supports business development teams in identifying business opportunities, responding to data calls, technical and cost proposal writing.
Minimum Job Qualifications
- Education: A Bachelor's degree or combination of relevant education/experience.
- Certification: Project Management Professional (PMP) - active or ability to re-activate/gain within 6 months and Agile Scrum Master.
- Language: English fluency (oral and written)
- Experience: A minimum of 5 years of experience in direct, hands-on management of IT application development or web development projects, including: project planning, task estimation, schedule management, requirements gathering, resource planning, change management, communication management, and quality assurance management. Experienced in providing leadership to a project team with strong process-oriented approach for managing programs and projects.
- Skills: Demonstrated expertise with software development life cycle processes and software documentation artifacts. Knowledge of formal project management methodologies. Ability to apply and use technical knowledge in customer focused, quality-oriented environment. Demonstrated experience in a consulting role. Strong organizational, presentation, and customer service skills. Ability to define, document, and implement processes. Strong business process analysis skills and ability to comprehend and explain process improvement strategies and techniques.
- Software Proficiency: Microsoft Teams, Microsoft Project, JIRA, Microsoft SharePoint, MS Office, or similar project management tools.
Preferred Job Qualifications
- Education: A Bachelor's degree or Master's degree in computer science, engineering, or management.
- Experience: In addition to the minimum experience outline above, experience working with FDA, team building, business process improvement, change management, within a PMO, conducting Quality audits, implementing ISO and CMMI processes, coaching and training on processes, Federal and/or State contracts management, software product management is highly desired
Powered by JazzHR