- Post Code
- EH7 6TJ
- Job Copy
You’re a nurse with a passion for caring for older people. You want to spend more time doing what you do best – nursing, providing care and helping vulnerable people lead happier, healthier lives. When you join Care UK, we’ll give you the support and training you need to develop both your clinical and management skills. This is turn will help you progress more quickly in your career – with excellent opportunities to take on senior roles such as clinical lead, home manager or senior trainer.
In a highly collaborative setting, you’ll lead the care team during your shifts. Your focus will be on making sure every resident gets the very best one-to-one care – medically, physically and emotionally. Working closely with your team members, we’ll expect you to build good relationships with residents, championing their safety and well-being. You’ll also act as Named Nurse for your own portfolio of service users. As an NMC Registered Nurse (RGN, RMN or RNLD), you’ll have good knowledge of care planning and clinical compliance.
As a Nurse at Care UK, you can look forward to:
About Care UK
- Competitive pay from £11.50 – £16.00 per hour
- A choice of day, night or weekend shifts
- Bank holiday enhancements
- A paid DBS check
- Access to a company paid web based system for your PIN revalidation
- Childcare vouchers
- Free uniform
- Thousands of online and in-store discounts
We run over 120 homes and day clubs across the UK, providing residential, nursing, dementia and end-of-life care for older people. Our commitment to supporting every team member’s personal development means we can offer you exciting opportunities to progress quickly in your nursing career.
- Where you'll work
- Our lovely new care home in Edinburgh will reflect the spirit, fun and warmth of this lovely corner of the capital. Portobello (or ‘Porty’ to locals) is three miles east of Edinburgh city centre and is known for its strong community ethos and friendly atmosphere. There are great cafes and shops on Porty’s vibrant High Street, a thriving monthly market and one of the only original and still-functioning Turkish baths in Scotland. The care homeitself will be a stone’s throw from the sea, the sandy beach and the long seafront promenade of this historic suburb. Our care home is being built over three floors and every aspect of its design reflects the Care UK ethos of helping residents to enjoy active and fulfilling lives. Residents will be able to catch their favourite films in comfy chairs in the cinema, or enjoy a cup of tea or coffee and delicious cake in the coffee shop, which opens onto a second floor terrace. This spacious area will give residents and their visitors the chance to catch up ‘al fresco’ on warm days and enjoy views westwards to Arthur’s Seat and eastwards to the beach at Portobello.
Care UK is committed to ensuring that it employs people with the right mix of talent, skills and potential and will assess every applicant fairly regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependents, age, physical/mental disability or offending background. Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent you from working with us, it will depend on the nature of the role and background of any offence.