Project Manager - Construction Company (Sacramento Area)
compensation: Based on Experience
employment type: full-time, salary, exempt
GENERAL CONTRACTOR is seeking an experienced Project Manager to join our team in our Sacramento Area office. We specialize in retail and commercial construction, including new construction, tenant improvements, remodels and design/build projects.
Role and Responsibilities:
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
• Oversee the construction project from start to finish.
• Perform a key role in project planning, and execution onsite on schedule and within budget, and identification of resources needed.
• Oversee and coordinate subcontractor's work is in conformance to contract documents.
• Project accounting functions including managing the budget, tracking team expenses and minimizing exposure and risk in the project.
• Review and approve all project costs and subcontractors bills.
• Prepare and submit all pay applications for owners to approve.
• Ensure that construction activities move according to predetermined schedule.
• Devise the project work plans and make revisions as and when need arises.
• Communicate effectively with the subcontractors responsible for completing various phases of the project.
• Coordinate the efforts of all parties involved in the project, which include the architects, consultants, sub-contractors and own forces.
• Monitor the progress of the construction activities on a regular basis and hold regular status meetings with all the sub-teams.
• Maintain strict adherence to the quality and safety standards.
• Project Buyouts: Carefully analyze subcontractor proposals, issue contracts.
• Submittals: Coordinate/supervise with Project Engineer.
• Prepare and issue change orders.
• Maintenance of job related documents.
• Track costs and cash flow management throughout project.
• Close Out of Project: Oversee distribution of close out material; facilitate prompt punch list final sign off, completion and resolution of all contract paperwork for final acceptance by client.
• Ensure adequate manpower and resources are in use to comply with project schedule.
• Review the Superintendent daily logs everyday and report to upper management if project schedule is affected by adverse conditions, i.e. weather, subcontractor performance or any other condition that may affect the project adversely.
• Ability to travel long distances to various job sites; ability to walk and review work at the job site in varying weather conditions, i.e. heat & cold.
• Ability to climb stairs, ladders and or scaffolding to verify and direct means and methods and verify work is in compliance with contract documents.
• While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to sit, stand or walk.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
Previous experience managing projects in the $5 million and up range
Minimum 4 years experience working in the construction field
Advanced project management skills that include being able to read, understand and organize construction plans and specifications
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Problem solving abilities
Excellent computer skills and attention to detail
A demonstrated knowledge of building systems. (Architectural, MEP, etc)
Highly motivated with great organizational, team, and customer service skills.
Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Project.
Walmart Certified a plus.
Please include any special training and certifications.
• Competitive Salary
• Car Allowance
• Medical/Dental/Vision/401K/Vacation/Sick Leave
If you meet our qualifications please forward your resume along with cover letter
Role: Construction Project Manager
Apply for this job now.