Attractive Senior Civil Engineer Temp Works role being offered at a well-established and successful, medium-sized Engineering Consultancy, based in London.
Our client is an established engineering company specialising in the refurbishment, alteration, and demolition of complex building structures. They create practical and cost-effective solutions for some of the most challenging schemes within the industry, focusing primarily on the design of temporary works, deep basements, facade retention schemes, retaining walls, specialist structural elements and contractor delegated design elements.
In your Senior Civil Engineer Temp Works role, you will be working on challenging and varied projects, while you engage in the provision of professional design and engineering services to projects comprising tenders and contracts within the wider group and external clients, as well as managing a team and providing tuition and guidance to junior team members.
- To supervise the team in the preparation of tender designs and contract works for calculations, reports, verifications, checks, submissions, technical drawings, design sequences and transmittals.
- To produce final designs to the required codes, standards and company process and templates for designated projects
- Sign off designs and design checks, review and approve work of others
- Develop technical knowledge of self and others
- To perform site surveys and inspections if required
- Manage the project workload and have knowledge of forecast activities
- Gain commercial awareness of projects and lead or provide support to lead
- Develop client relationships, win repeat business
- Fee proposal production and tracking ‐ fee proposals to be approved by Director level Assist in - preparation of invoices. Contract knowledge.
- Utilisation and completion of timesheets in accordance with company policy, on a weekly basis
- Approve timesheets
Leadership and management
- Professional commitment
- Provide tuition and guidance to junior team members, internal CPD training
- Take ownership of own and others work
- Plan, monitor and manage project programme and progress; plan workload for others.
- Manage a team and coordinate plan works, plan workload of others, to manage several projects
- Write industry papers ‐ be involved with industry initiatives
- To undertake interviews for new staff and manage juniors
Health, Safety, Quality and Environmental
- Implement and manage Quality ISO9001 standard; contribute to Quality system improvement
- Production of design risk assessments
- Appropriate CSCS card to facilitate access and works on sites
- Responsible to ensure that own activities are being performed and managed safely and in accordance with government legislation requirements and company objectives and specifically designers risk assessments
- To promote company policy in relation to Health and Safety requirements and safety in design
- To ensure supervised personnel are aware of their H&S responsibilities as per the current National Standards
- To contribute and develop company quality processes and standard templates and to complete Integrated Management System documentation for designated projects as directed
- Keep up to date with codes and best practice
- Internal Communications
- IT and computer literate across full MS suite and quick to learn and adopt engineering software packages Learn and develop competency within the IT environment to enable application of engineering skills.
- Utilisation if intranet, ezone or other systems in accordance with company policy
- Presentation preparation and delivery, report writing
- 2:1 or better, BSc or BEng minimum. MEng, MSc preferred
- Recently or very near - Chartered Engineer MICE or MIStructE
- Minimum 5 years relevant background in a design/consulting office
- Prior work in a construction organisation is beneficial
- Salary £44,000 - £52,000
- Challenging and varied projects
To apply for the position of Senior Civil Engineer Temp Works, please submit your current CV.
Due to high volume, we are unable to acknowledge every application. Bear in mind that if you are shortlisted you will be contacted in 7 days.
All Evan Craig vacancies require right to work in the UK.