Field Service Mechanic
Do you work on cars? How would you like to take your knowledge of automotive repair and put that knowledge and expertise to a slightly different use? Imagine taking a car engine, retrofitting it for natural gas, and connecting it to a commercial building's hot water heating system. Now take that same engine, attach a generator to it, connect it to that same building's electrical system and you can now provide free electricity while you are heating the building. Now connect it to the internet and you can monitor the unit from anywhere. You also get to work with some high-tech equipment.
How would you like to work on this type of equipment? Well, we provide our commercial customers with these types of units and we are looking for a Service Technician to work in the New York area. This would be a day travel job and we would provide a van, the fuel, and pay for tolls and parking.
Dalkia Aegis, a Division of EDF (a worldwide leader in the energy industry), is a turnkey, full-service provider of Combined Heat and Power (CHP) that generates heat and electricity using clean and efficient natural gas-fueled engines. These modular CHP systems reduce a facility's dependence on expensive utility power, reduce their energy costs and reduce the carbon footprint.
Job Description: Field Service Mechanic
Location: New York (primarily Bronx County and Kings County)
Employee Type: Full-Time
Education: High School
Experience: At least 2 year(s)
We are looking for a talented individual who lives in the New York area (primarily Bronx County and Kings County) to be a Field Service Technician in those areas. In addition to working in these areas, occasional travel to work sites in other New York counties may also be required. The right candidate must be a self-starter and able to work well with minimal supervision.
Daily travel will be required to maintain, troubleshoot, and repair natural gas-fired systems, electrical and electronic controls, and domestic hot water systems for cogeneration units and maintaining records of such service. This Service Technician will be interacting with service management and site customers on a regular basis.
There will be some overnight travel (all expenses paid) in the first few weeks to the Company Headquarters in Holyoke, MA (outside Springfield, MA) for initial training on the CHP Units and Systems.
- Two to three years of troubleshooting and engine repair experience in the automotive field
- Any additional experience in the following areas would be a plus:
- Solid-state and electro-mechanical control panels
- Daily travel to service sites is required
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs. and move up to 75 lbs.
- Maintain technical expertise and share knowledge with the service group
- Provide accurate and timely communication to internal and external customers
- Provide accurate and timely reporting of timecards, expense reports, etc.
- Maintain equipment, parts, and supplies inventories as directed
- Possess a good driving record and pass a pre-employment drug test
- Basic computer & email skills
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Dalkia Aegis is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.