We are currently seeking an Electrical Foreman (Commercial)! In this role you will strive to provide our customers with the highest level of Commercial Electrical construction, installation and service.
- Manage the installation, removal and repair of electrical systems. Ensure that all installations meet both customer requirements and National Electrical Code standards.
- Manage project resources, including task scheduling, labor hours, material procurement, tools, site safety, safety equipment and prefabrication.
- Electrical Foremen will be held accountable to the profitability of assigned jobs as a Project Stakeholder, and will be required to collaborate closely with Project Managers and Superintendents.
- Train all assigned electrical apprentices in safe, efficient electrical installation practices and methodologies.
- Hold assigned employees accountable to all policies outlined in the Employee Handbook, including (but not limited to) safety, attendance, productivity, conduct and attitude.
- Assist Human Resources with generating fair and accurate employee appraisals. Foremen have an obligation to respond to requests for employee performance information in a thorough and timely manner.
- Hold employees accountable to Ironwood Electric's time-punching policies, including daily punching, commenting and approval.
- Complete all required paperwork, including (but not limited to) Weekly Reports, Weekly Safety Meetings, Material Orders, Requests for Information (RFI), Panel schedules and Record Drawings.
- Build and maintain positive customer relationships with General Contractor Superintendents and Project Managers.
- Must be reliable and punctual.
- Must maintain eligibility to work in the State of California.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver's license and have access to reliable transportation.
- Must be willing and able to work both day shifts (3 a.m. to 5 p.m.) and night shifts (5 p.m. to 3 a.m.).
- Willing and able to report to job site locations throughout Southern California, including Orange County, Los Angeles, San Diego and Riverside.
- Must be willing and able to effectively manage assigned employees. This includes holding employees accountable to Ironwood Electric's policies using
- Records of Conversation and Reprimands.
- Must have and maintain a current and valid Electrical Trainee card or California General Electrician Certification.
- Must have and maintain proper safety and equipment certifications. This includes CPR, First Aid, Manlift/Boomlift Training, Forklift Training, Trench Shoring, DLTE, Powder Actuated Tool Training and OSHA 10.
- Must be physically able to lift, push, pull, drag and move into position various pieces of electrical equipment that weighing up to 65 lbs. Must use lifting equipment to safely move electrical equipment weighing up to 800 lbs.
- Must be physically able to stand and walk for the duration of the work shift.
- Must be able to kneel and/or squat for extended periods of time in order to install electrical devices.
- Must be physically able to climb ladders, scaffolding and stairs as needed.
- Must be willing and physically able to wear tool bags when necessary on the job site.
- Must be willing and physically able to work in confined spaces.
- Must abide by OSHA and Ironwood Electric safety standards and procedures at all times.
Started in 2005, Ironwood Electric Inc has quickly become one of the leading electrical contractors in Southern California. In fact, The Orange County Business Journal has listed us as one of the Fastest Growing Companies of our size for the past three years.
We attribute our continued successes to our high-performing team of electricians, apprentices, foremen and support personnel. We hire and hold on to employees who embody our company values and treat our organization as they would their families and their homes. We understand that we can teach skills, but we can't teach character.
We believe in cultivating, training and promoting high-quality employees. In fact, about 40 percent of our California-certified journeymen came through our doors with little to no electrical experience. Our brightest and most hardworking team members have grown to become highly-effective foremen, office managers and executives.
All Ironwood employees are eligible for full medical benefits. We also have an employee 401k program with employer match.
Role: Electrical Foreman (Commercial)
Location: Los Angeles,
Apply for this job now.