For more than forty years, MMS Group and its affiliates (Arco Management, TUC Management and GoldOller Real Estate Investments) has been dedicated to quality property management. Our growing portfolio exceeds 40,000 residential units and includes high-rise luxury buildings, affordable housing cooperatives, subsidized rental properties, supportive housing, and conventional apartment buildings. Our clients include progressive building owners, governmental agencies, real estate entrepreneurs, financiers, not-for-profit organizations, and cooperative and condominium boards. While each community and client are unique, each shares our singular commitment to excellence.
We are seeking an experienced Cantonese speaking Porter for our location in lower Reading, PA.
If you are interested in joining a growing team of dedicated professionals in our high-tech environment, then we invite you to learn more about MMS career opportunities. We offer competitive salaries and benefits and afford our employees the ability for growth and advancement through continuous training and education programs. Contact us today to see how you can achieve your MMS Edge.
The Porter, under the direction of the Property Manager and the Maintenance Supervisor, is responsible for the overall maintenance and care of the grounds, parking areas and common area facilities of the property in an effort to maintain a standard of a clean and orderly environment at all times. Above all, the spirit of teamwork and cooperation with other team members will not only improve the job performance, but also enhance the entire work experience
Duties and Responsibilities
- Daily cleaning of all common areas including but not limited to the community room, fitness area, elevators, elevator lobbies, laundry centers, hallways and model unit as designated by the Property Manager.
- Sweep all assigned areas, stairways, halls, laundry centers, building entrances and common areas.
- Wet mop and vacuum all public areas stairways, hallways, laundry centers, building entrances and common areas. Always post signage.
- Empty garbage containers in all common areas.
- Dust all furniture and fixtures in the common areas.
- Report all notable concerns such as vandalism, missing light bulbs or fixtures, missing smoke detectors or extinguishers in the common areas to the Maintenance Supervisor.
- Keep the property, trash receptacle areas, hallways, common areas, garages and/or parking lots, in a neat and orderly manner preventing trash or debris from accumulating—monitoring at the beginning of the morning shift and continually throughout the day for trash and debris. Depending upon the property, it may be required to vacuum and/or blow clear hallways, parking areas and/or breezeways two or three times a week as needed.
- Assist or perform all work associated with the maintenance of the grounds at the direction of the Property Manager and/or Maintenance Supervisor.
Qualifications for this position
- Minimum high school education or equivalent (exceptions may be made).
- Experience in full-time housekeeper/custodial or gardening/grounds keeping position.
Equal Opportunity Employer