Company: EYE ASSOCIATES OF ALEXANDRIA
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Eye Associates of Alexandria continues to grow! We are seeking an experienced Optical Lab Technician to independently manage our in-house edging lab. We are looking for a motivated individual who can meet our standards of providing exceptional products to our patients. The right candidate will have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and possess critical thinking skills.
Job responsibilities may include but not limited to:
- Produces quality eyewear through utilizing our state of the art edger.
- Completes quality control inspections on all outside jobs.
- Maintains stock lens supply to edge and finish optical jobs in house.
- Repairs and adjusts glasses as needed.
- Responsible for basic operation, cleaning and ongoing maintenance of laboratory tools and equipment using established maintenance procedures and calendars. Diagnoses and solves equipment issues.
- Maintains contact lens supply.
- Complies with all safety regulations as well as maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Strong customer service skills (internal and external)
- Strong communicator and listener
- Strong basic math skills
- Organizational skills
- Problem solving skills
- Strong inter-personal skills (friendly, caring, patient)
- Optical training
- Previous experience in optical
- Experience with machinery
Eye Associates of Alexandria is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Protected Veterans & Individuals with Disabilities.