At Gothic Landscape, we are about delivering extraordinary customer service, building authentic relationships not only with our clients, but with our teams. With ingenuity, vision and dedication, we transform landscapes that become the places people play, work and live. As the largest family-owned and operated landscaping company in the nation, we never forget why we do what we do… and who makes it all possible. Together, we create something unique that keeps on growing year after year.
Are you our next great Branch Controller?
As a member of the executive team, the controller will be integral to the company meeting its financial goals and growth plans. The position is responsible for budgeting, job profitability, cash flow, financial reporting, timely and accurate closing and month-end adjustments, setting goals, and AR/AP.
Highlights of what our Branch Controller will do:
- Produce monthly financials.
- Produce Monthly Management Reports.
- Meet with operations to determine percentage completion adjustments for revenue and cost commitments for all material ongoing jobs.
- Prepare job cost statements and work with Supervisors to analyze jobs' profitability.
- Ensure accurate preparation of invoices, lien releases, and client documentation.
- Ensure accurate accounts payable, billing and payroll data entry.
- Manage accounting staff.
- Manage cash reports, P&L's and works to achieve a positive cash flow.
- Review budget for the Branch and assist in preparing the Branch's Annual Business Plan.
- Maintain Balance Sheet reconciliation schedules in a form satisfactory to the Company's external CPA.
Are you the right fit for this role?
*Skills & experience that are necessary as a Branch Controller will include, but not limited to:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- 5-7 years accounting experience
- 5 years of progressive financial (GAAP) accounting and reporting management experience.
- Must possess excellent time management, communications, decision-making, and organizational skills.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Must be proficient with sophisticated accounting software - Timberline preferred.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, effectively balancing multiple concurrent assignments.
Perks and pluses:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA
- Healthcare benefit program & 401K match program
- 9 paid holidays per year with paid vacation & sick leave
- Fun and fast-paced working environment with a great work-life balance
- Paid training/certification and career advancement
- Gothic's company culture fosters growth, inspires longevity and rewards mutual loyalty
Here at Gothic Landscape, we believe that your success is our success. The only thing missing is YOU. Apply Today!
OUR EEO POLICY
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race (including traits historically associated with race, such as hair texture and protective hairstyles, including braids, locks, and twists), ethnicity, religion, color, sex (including childbirth, breast feeding, and related medical conditions), gender, gender identity or expression, uniform service member and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, disability, protected medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws.